What's new

have you ever been to the Mountain of Arko aka Mount Arko? 👀

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Make a mountain of arko and Palmolive sounds like a plan, maybe call it arkolive? Lool 😂😂😂
No. While I appreciate your attempt at synthesis, these two great soaps must be treated separately. It's like people who say that all religions take their own routes to the top of the same mountain. That isn't true, either. Each religion ascends its own mountain, and each mountain is different.

As it is with holy religion, so shall it be with these two holiest of soaps. Arko and Palmolive. Palmolive and Arko. Neither Arkolive nor Palmarko.

Let us never speak of this well meaning but heretical attempt at saponifusion again.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
No. While I appreciate your attempt at synthesis, these two great soaps must be treated separately. It's like people who say that all religions take their own routes to the top of the same mountain. That isn't true, either. Each religion ascends its own mountain, and each mountain is different.

As it is with holy religion, so shall it be with these two holiest of soaps. Arko and Palmolive. Palmolive and Arko. Neither Arkolive nor Palmarko.

Let us never speak of this well meaning but heretical attempt at saponifusion again.
Other than scent, is Palmolive much different from ARKO? I’ve used Palmolive cream a lot but not the stick.

Owen Bawn

Other than scent, is Palmolive much different from ARKO? I’ve used Palmolive cream a lot but not the stick.
The most obvious difference is that Palmolive is pale green, while Arko is ice white. Palmolive is gentler on the face for many, as some men find Arko dries them out. Personally I find Palmolive creates a slicker lather, but there will be many who disagree with me on that. We throw the word iconic around too freely, but to my mind the scent common to Palmolive soap products is a post-WWII European icon. It seemed that Palmolive was on every sink and bathtub in Ireland when I was young. So again, to me, the scent of Palmolive evokes deep memories, which help make it one of my most preferred soaps.

Arko, Williams, Palmolive, and the Wilkie stick. Take them in any order.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh, it has the same scent as the bath soap. I still remember that from my childhood and it isn’t a fond memory. I was hoping it had the same scent as the cream That was the only soap my family used except for when I demanded Ivory because it floated and smelled a lot better. When shave sticks are applied to the face, they immediately start drawing moisture out of the face but when lathered and hydrated, it evens out. I have a Palmolive stick in the Amazon basket so I will think about it a bit more before ordering. Doubt it is worth the extra cost. I was going to try a Derby but it doesn’t seem to be available any longer.
Thanks for the info.

Steve

Owen Bawn

Oh, it has the same scent as the bath soap. I still remember that from my childhood and it isn’t a fond memory. I was hoping it had the same scent as the cream That was the only soap my family used except for when I demanded Ivory because it floated and smelled a lot better. When shave sticks are applied to the face, they immediately start drawing moisture out of the face but when lathered and hydrated, it evens out. I have a Palmolive stick in the Amazon basket so I will think about it a bit more before ordering. Doubt it is worth the extra cost. I was going to try a Derby but it doesn’t seem to be available any longer.
Thanks for the info.

Steve
Well, you could still buy it and send it to me...

Top Bottom