What's new

Have there been unofficial meetups? If not, why not?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
So, I have been on other aficionado forums before, poker, shooting, motorcycle, and we've put together meetups. Has that been done here? I know when I was working in Chicago, I got together with Captain PreCapsize (of Captain's choice fame), and a couple of other members who are no longer active. I even arranged for a meetup where we exchanged shaving raffle items. I even gave away a Gillette gold-plated Aristocrat in the box (dumb, I know).

I'd love to meet some of you guys. If this has been done, please point me in the right direction. If not, consider this an invitation to set some up.

So, I live in the suburban Philly area, not far from Valley Forge Park. If there are any members around the Philly area, I suggest we meet up for Brunch one Sunday morning at this place.

It's not cheap, but there is plenty of good food, and I'll arrange for a private room for us if there is any interest.

Any others like this idea? Post where you are, and suggest a location sort of central to a major metropolitan area where folks can meet.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
OK, I AM OFFICIALLY AN IDIOT

Please do not reply here, let this thread die. I'll go check out the other one. Thank you.

Mod, maybe lock this? Sorry.

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My intention wasn’t to call you out. I was simply pointing you to a forum where some past meet ups and current ones may be posted. Meet ups are fun and I hope you can get one put together.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
My intention wasn’t to call you out. I was simply pointing you to a forum where some past meet ups and current ones may be posted. Meet ups are fun and I hope you can get one put together.

Oh, I did not feel that way! Trust me! Don't feel bad. I already posted there. Thank you!

Yeah, I'm glad I ain't as bad as you friend! At least MY drivel sounds ejukated....
I learnded years ago not to drink and Internet forum. Things are much better since. Well…. Slightly better. 🥴

…hence my new avatar as I DONT know $&!% from Shinola but I sure thinks I does. 🤪

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What about COVID concerns? My question is serious.
This is sadly a major concern. Note the absence of any "shaving trade shows" since Covid came about.

I go out and about, but I don't go far from home. (As if being close to home keeps me safe?)

Yes, Maggard has had to cancel their trade show the last two years which is a shame. It is heavily attended and a good time. One fellow I spoke to was from Louisville, KY. He drove up in the morning and was going to drive back home the same day.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, Maggard has had to cancel their trade show the last two years which is a shame. It is heavily attended and a good time. One fellow I spoke to was from Louisville, KY. He drove up in the morning and was going to drive back home the same day.
I'd planned on attending in both 2020 and 21, as it's EASILY in driving distance, and the War Department has actually pre-approved the trip, along with a possible stipend! But alas, it was not meant to be. This disease has stolen much from us...

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well..if it ever comes back it should be a blow out show! Bigger than ever. I remember meeting Mr. Captain’s Choice. It was a real pleasure. Very welcoming and just awesome meeting someone else “in the biz” so to speak. That same weekend I went to Chicago and visited with another B&B Moderator and we were guests at Merz Apothecary / Q Brothers. Such a wonderful time socializing with like minded individuals. I even got to sit in the restored barber chair at Merz.

Fantastic weekend!

Top Bottom