What's new

Have some QED Shaving Sticks?

Ah for some variety! Add an extra minute or two selecting your shaving soap because you have too many choices? Here's a simple solution! Get seven shave sticks and you've got a week's worth of shaves with no decisions to be made!

full

Top Row L to R:
  • Pine and Cedarwood
  • Special 218
  • Grapefruit and Peppermint
Bottom Row L to R:
  • Frankincense and Myrhh
  • Bergamot
  • Badger and Blade
  • Patchoulli, Tea Tree and Peppermint

Hmmm, now which one today?:blushing:

Have some? Post your lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
But alas, mine are melted, except for the Vanilla.:redface:

I have the Pine & Cedarwood, Anise & Lavender, B&B, and Lime (in tub). All are superlative. I gave away my Original Rose (Oh, the burn!), and the Sandalwood (which I regret).

Scotto said:
But alas, mine are melted, except for the Vanilla.:redface:

I have the Pine & Cedarwood, Anise & Lavender, B&B, and Lime (in tub). All are superlative. I gave away my Original Rose (Oh, the burn!), and the Sandalwood (which I regret).
Tub? Did you say tub? That's another thread!!!! Moderator! Moderator!!!:lol:

And if you prefer to shave twice a day...

Top Row
  • Eucalyptus
Second Row L - R
  • Peppermint
  • Bergamot
Third Row L - R
  • Pine & Cedarwood
  • Rose Geranium
  • Grapefruit & Peppermint
Fourth Row L - R
  • Lime
  • Lavender
  • Frankincense & Myrrh
  • Patchouli - Tea Tree - Peppermint
Bottom Row L - R
  • Special 218
  • Espresso
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • Badger & Blade

And for the tubs: oh that's right, that's another thread.

What can I say...I'm a glutton for variety. :redface:

rtaylor61 said:
My FAVORITE!!!

Randy

I would have to say my favorite is Sandalwood. My favorite thing with the shave stick format is the ability to mix fragrances: Mix lime with Trumper coconut or mix chocolate with peppermint etc. :thumbup1:

And here I am toiling away with my lone B&B shave stick. It is wearing away steadily though. Shave 'nub' is probably a more apt description now.

Rik, that picture deserves some captioning, which ones are which?

-Nick

Rik said:
And if you prefer to shave twice a day...

Top Row
  • Eucalyptus
Second Row L - R
  • Peppermint
  • Bergamot
Third Row L - R
  • Pine & Cedarwood
  • Rose Geranium
  • Grapefruit & Peppermint
Fourth Row L - R
  • Lime
  • Lavender
  • Frankincense & Myrrh
  • Patchouli - Tea Tree - Peppermint
Bottom Row L - R
  • Special 218
  • Espresso
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • Badger & Blade

And for the tubs: oh that's right, that's another thread.

What can I say...I'm a glutton for variety. :redface:
A TRULY MANLY ACHIEVEMENT!! But Eucalyptus? Charles has been holding out on "We the people" again!:001_unsur

guenron said:
Ah for some variety! Add an extra minute or two selecting your shaving soap because you have too many choices? Here's a simple solution! Get seven shave sticks and you've got a week's worth of shaves with no decisions to be made!

full

Top Row L to R:
  • Pine and Cedarwood
  • Special 218
  • Grapefruit and Peppermint
Bottom Row L to R:
  • Frankincense and Myrhh
  • Bergamot
  • Badger and Blade
  • Patchoulli, Tea Tree and Peppermint

Hmmm, now which one today?:blushing:

Have some? Post your lineup.

Can you rank your QED soaps I am getting ready to place an order. So far I ahve purchased Limes, sandelwood, 218, Orange.

Thanks

Clark

Last edited by a moderator:
Clark said:
Can you rank your QED soaps I am getting ready to place an order. So far I ahve purchased Limes, sandelwood, 218, Orange.

Thanks

Clark
Hi Clark,
The answer is no and yes! (How's that for a copout?) There are two shave scents that you do not have, that I have and I enjoy immensely. Those scents are Pine and Cedarwood and Grapefruit and Peppermint. Anytime I use the first, the fragrance takes me back to my childhood in the wintry northern pine forests. What a delight! Can you say pampelmousse? If you really enjoy fresh grapefruit, the second scent is unbelieveable. One word of caution, this fragrance smells so good, it started an awkward case of the drools when I first started using it. I had to relather the (left) corner of my mouth repeatedly. Another suggestion, if you like Earl Gray tea, don't go without the Bergamot. Yet another word of caution, bergamot essential oil is purported to lower your resistance to uv rays (or was that ir?). So you may wiish to use another shave scent if you are going to the beach. I have a special place for lavender. I really enjoy its fresh clean scent. It's also like the Pine and Cedarwood in that it evokes pleasant memories of my childhood. If you are not familiar with lavender, it is also known as Mediterranean Mint. It grows throughout the Provence area of France and regions too numerous to mention in Italy, not to mention areas of the British Isles too. Great stuff. I just scored some Rose Geranium but haven't had the chance to try it yet..
So that's kind of the yes and no of it. I would recommend adding those first two or threee or four to your lineup for the pleasure of the scent and senses. If you have any aversions to those scents, don't..:smile: While I really enjoy them, YMMV.
I have steered clear of the Espresso and other food items.
"Why?" you say.
It's early morning and it is at least another 20 or 30 minutes till I sit down to breakfast.. Now, do I need anything to stimulate my appetite? Look at the mischief the grapefruit created! :biggrin1:
Oh, I try to have the Frankincense and Myrrh on hand for winter holiday mornings... Neat fragrance. I think detect some labadnum in it too. Have fun and enjoy the scents and the holidays too!

I agree with Ron on the Pine and Cedarwood - really lovely stuff. I like to finish it off with some Woods of Windsor aftershave to keep the theme alive. I don't have the grapefruit, but now that Ron has described it, I think I have to have it.

I can also heartily recommend the anise and lavender. Sort of like Good and Plenty candy. A bit more subtle than the other scents, but one of my faves.

I also agree with Ron that Pine and Cedarwood and Grapefruit and Peppermint are two of my favorite QEDman shave scents.

Top Bottom