What's new

Have no clue, but single seem better to me, can you please explain me?

OK
I have many many DE's, and I have been shaving like that for years
But
I must say, and admit, as much as I love DE, and enjoy it, and can shave really nice (BBS, free of nicks), that SE just feel better to my face!

I have used the blacklandrazors Vector SE
The Supply 2.0
And the onebladeshave (Genesis)

All of them that make my face feel better
Anyone else have the same feeling?

And what interest me more, why? I mean it is a blade, the razors of the DE are really good (for example Timeless or above the tie or others)
And yet, it feels "different", why? can you please explain?
(Sure the blade is a little thicker, so? I want to really deeply understand why the face feel is different)

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
You might be using a better angle of for your skin with the SE razors mentioned.

As @Clay S points out, SE blades are a lot more rigid than DE blades (unless you’re using just half a DE…). The very edge of your DE razors could be flexing as they cut your tougher whiskers and snapping back into the skin. If that highly conjectured even is happening, it’d be a very tiny surface so the result wouldn’t necessarily be a visible nick or weeper, but still be skin damage.

A lot of converts to straight razor shaving claim their skin got better moving from cartridge razors to DE razors and then better still by moving to SE razors and better still moving to straight razors.

Anywho, whether it’s dummy thicc blades not flexing or design angles that agree with how your skin likes being cleared, or a siren call to Sweeney Todd cosplay, congrats on your improved skin!

It's the same type of question as why do some prefer vanilla ice cream and why do some prefer chocolate ice cream?

The answer to DE vs. SE may also be more subjective than it is objective.

So true. We’re all individuals and have differing realities with our whiskers. My whiskers are stiff and prickly, my son’s are soft.

I have several different DE razors with different designs, but my Schick Adjustable Injector wins the comfortable shave battle every time. I really think in addition to the rigidity of the thicker blade, the head design which allows you to hold the whole head flat to your face and lets it glide across your skin.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
It's the same type of question as why do some prefer vanilla ice cream and why do some prefer chocolate ice cream?

The answer to DE vs. SE may also be more subjective than it is objective.
I totally agree with this statement...but I also think that the majority of DE gospel singers (and I was one for a very long time...) have not really given a fair shake to SE razors in general.

Now I'm not trying to call anyone out specifically here but I can't tell you how often I've heard DE devotees who have REALLY tried a few SE razors and given them a fair shake, be extremely surprised at how great SE shaves are. A ton of the posts in the SE forums back this up...

For me personally: I get better (closer, more comfortable, etc.) shaves with an SE, better blade longevity, more consistency between razors and an overall better experience. I shaved with DE razors almost exclusively for several years before really trying SE razors and now I barely use my DE collection (and I have WAY more DE razors then SE). I was a full on convert...

As always, the B&B credo of YMMV is always in play.

Please, please don't shoot me but.........my one blade Hybrid and Core are possibly the best shaves I've ever gotten. Face feel is superb, shave is effortless. I shaved with DE all my life and tried SE several years ago. SE just seemed to be a more natural progression for me and my skin.

My DE shaves are more than acceptable, and enjoyable. I’m getting better overall shaves with SE over DE. I’m a newer wet shaver, so contributing factors may include easier technique with single edge razors, more rigid blade design, etc.

The Schick Injector, particularly the E-2, shaves me better than any of my DE’s, with the possible exception of my Slim on “9”. But the difference is rather small. If I assign a “10” to the quality of the E-2 shave, the Slim is a 9.99, my Lord L5 a 9.5, Old Type 9.3, pre-war Tech 9.1, etc. On a practical level there is no significant difference

Top Bottom