What's new

Have i found the perfect razor?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not that it bothers me any, but the women in my life are only interested in the drug store multiple bladed throw away razors. Makes no sense to me, but it is what it is.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I even went so far as to offer to let my wife buy herself a proper Lady Gillette! She turned me down cold! I figured it wouldn't go to waste. I would put it in my "rotation" if she were to pay for it and didn't like it none....

After 6 months all desire to buy or try any other razor is totally gone. I love my perfect razor. I have used less than half the hundred Feathers I bought and still have lots of soap.

Seeing how the price jumped on the razor made me so glad a bought it when I did, but tbh it's still worth it at the new price.

Mach three went up too so I am saving even more money.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
After 6 months all desire to buy or try any other razor is totally gone. I love my perfect razor. I have used less than half the hundred Feathers I bought and still have lots of soap.

Seeing how the price jumped on the razor made me so glad a bought it when I did, but tbh it's still worth it at the new price.

Mach three went up too so I am saving even more money.
I cannot imagine buying cartridge blades now. I definitely enjoyed using them in the shower, especially the Sensor, but I imagine the prices are nuts in the stores now.

It makes me glad I skipped Dollar Shave Club and Harry's and jumped to DE shaving.

However, still bummed out at how pricey they have gotten / still are!

So its been awhile. I have tried some other razors. Some are very great. Art even. They are are simulacra of what is truly possible.
I sure so love my masamune. It however is imho 99.1 where ASD2 is simply 100 and perfect.
It's that handle mostly. I found a shaving creme that's very slippery and the masamune slips and azd2 just doesn't..
Also. I just keep getting better with asd2 and the shave gets better and better.
ASD2 is the perfect razor..
Worth the money. My second best decision was buying the stand

Ditto that and congrats & welcome. My wife have both the ASD2 and the Henson medium. Love ms the both. Most of the other ladies in our family use the henson. But use the tool thar works for you. My wife Korinne understands my craziness with anything I am hooked on. And this one is a good clean hobby..pun intended. Enjoy your safe fun shaves..thanks for sharing...
Smiles
bfxbdetailed-svg-2px.png

Ditto that and congrats & welcome. My wife have both the ASD2 and the Henson medium. Love ms the both. Most of the other ladies in our family use the henson. But use the tool thar works for you. My wife Korinne understands my craziness with anything I am hooked on. And this one is a good clean hobby..pun intended. Enjoy your safe fun shaves..thanks for sharing...
Smiles
View attachment 1722838
I am positive I would love the Henson

I am positive I would love the Henson
Glad you have found what works for you. You don't want to go down the rabbit hole like most of us. I have no need for all the shavers I have, straight edges, double edges, and more. It all a crazy want and try hobby...
But it also one those therapy , face maintenance and all around skin care things too.
That if you do it right, you can see the positive results...

Enjoy,
BFX

So its been awhile. I have tried some other razors. Some are very great. Art even. They are are simulacra of what is truly possible.
I sure so love my masamune. It however is imho 99.1 where ASD2 is simply 100 and perfect.
It's that handle mostly. I found a shaving creme that's very slippery and the masamune slips and azd2 just doesn't..
Also. I just keep getting better with asd2 and the shave gets better and better.
It is always good to hear when someone finds their "grail" razor and has no need for anything else!

Which shaving cream are you using? Slippery is good!

I agree with you, the AS-D2 is perfect. The handle is "grippy" enough and it's mild, but yet effective. I personally should have bought the stand, as it would look nice on my countertop. Happy shaving!

I agree with you, the AS-D2 is perfect. The handle is "grippy" enough and it's mild, but yet effective. I personally should have bought the stand, as it would look nice on my countertop. Happy shaving!
The stand can be purchased via the California distributor. So worth it.

Top Bottom