What's new

Have Feather blades changed their logo/packaging from yellow to black?

A friend gave me a pack of feathers and the top card inside the plastic box is black, with the words

FEATHER
Hi Stainless
DOUBLE EDGE

below these words is an illustration of 2 actual bird feathers.

Are these the same as the famous Feather blades which, I believe, are made in Japan?

I have had feathers before but the card was yellow. Haven't used them in a few years and looking forward to doing so again.

A friend gave me a pack of feathers and the top card inside the plastic box is black, with the words

FEATHER
Hi Stainless
DOUBLE EDGE

below these words is an illustration of 2 actual bird feathers.

Are these the same as the famous Feather blades which, I believe, are made in Japan?

I have had feathers before but the card was yellow. Haven't used them in a few years and looking forward to doing so again.

Packs of 5 are yellow and packs of 10 are black off the top of my head, I'd recommend BIC platinum Chrome if you like feathers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Packs of 5 are yellow and packs of 10 are black off the top of my head, I'd recommend BIC platinum Chrome if you like feathers

Vice versa - packs of 5 are black - had to Google that [emoji23]

A0012EA8-6A1F-47B9-B8BD-ED8B5264B289.jpeg

I'd recommend BIC platinum Chrome if you like feathers

IMO those two blades are quite different as the Feathers are way sharper than the BICs. Not that it's making the Feather a better blade as sometimes less sharp is a good thing in regards to comfort, but for me those two blades are not in the same league. Again, that's how I see them personally! Cheers!

At some point I thought that different pachages meant different blades, like gilletes green and yellows wich are made in different countries or so, but after some research I also found that feather are the same blades everywhere and just as @Hoka Hey said, the only thing that differs is the number of blades or the place they are sold at.

Hi there!Do you guys know if it is possible to buy blades directly from Feather? Could make things a lot cheaper...

IMO those two blades are quite different as the Feathers are way sharper than the BICs. Not that it's making the Feather a better blade as sometimes less sharp is a good thing in regards to comfort, but for me those two blades are not in the same league. Again, that's how I see them personally! Cheers!

You're right - Feathers are definitely way sharper out of the wrapper!

His measurements suggests BIC PCs are sharper on average across multiple shaves, they are 40% of the price and for me I get a smooth BBS 2 pass shave with no weepers - hence the recommendation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!Do you guys know if it is possible to buy blades directly from Feather? Could make things a lot cheaper...

On amazon, feather blades are sold by "feather". I ordered 50 from them and got 5-10 blade tucks that were wrapped in a white box that was a perfect fit. So, unless the seller is lying about his name and is professional enough to break up the tucks into a perfectly fitting box, I'd wager that it is indeed feather.

On amazon, feather blades are sold by "feather". I ordered 50 from them and got 5-10 blade tucks that were wrapped in a white box that was a perfect fit. So, unless the seller is lying about his name and is professional enough to break up the tucks into a perfectly fitting box, I'd wager that it is indeed feather.
Ah ah!! Thank you very much Sir!

I paid $44,49 for 200 Feathers from them on Amazon...hope they're the right guys

Ah ah!! Thank you very much Sir!

I paid $44,49 for 200 Feathers from them on Amazon...hope they're the right guys
Sure looks like them, to me.

Amazon also has the 20 pcs black & white 5-pack carton of a 100, for half the price of your 200 count carton.

Oddly enough, the 100ct and 200ct cartons seem to be the same size, with each having 20 tucks. It looks like the same tuck container may be used for 5 and 10 count tucks, but I haven't verified that.

Top Bottom