What's new

Have Discovered Musgo!

Hi, all. I've been using the Musgo Real pre-shave Lyme soap and quite like it. When looking for another scented aftershave I browsed the reviews and came upon the review for the Musgo Real Classic Aftershave and decided to give it a shot. I'd also read good thing about the cream. Well, they arrived yesterday and I was able to dig into them today. All I can say is that I truly love these products. Not only do they seem to work really well at what they are intended to do but they aren't too expensive and have, what to me, are fantastic scents. I will say that they're not for everyone but I, for one, will use them regularly.

Another sort of embarrassing discovery brought on by the Musgo cream...
It comes in a tube. I opened the tube and was trying to dispense the cream when I realized that the opening must have a seal. It did. It is a foil seal that needed to be punctured. I couldn't think of how to puncture it with what I had on hand at the time, then I saw a paperclip. It mad a tiny hole in the seal but it was enough to get me going. It was only after the shave that I remembered some glues, etc.. that are in tubes have a thing on the cap to puncture the seal. I turned the cap over and, sure enough, there it was. :blushing: What can I say?

Musgo cream & aftershave is truly great. :thumbup: Glad you discovered the Musgo.

I think thats what makes B&B great. We can come here together under one umbrella & be exposed to a whole new world of such a vast variety of products out there and come to meet under one place to share, exchange, muse & debate all of these various products , from B&B members offering insightful, knowledgeable, informed opinions and sharing those common experiences of the good & bad products that one would not have known otherwise existed.

For example, one might think they got a bad bottle of Musgo Splash because it ends up feeling tacky on your face. Upon reviewing the other experiences of others you can be informed as to perhaps too much was applied & perhaps less amount to be used on a wet face is in order. Or maybe, you receive comments from loved ones who say the scent of your Musgo Splash smells tacky and makes you smell like an old man.

So where else can you go but come to the B&B to be reassured or convinced the smell of your Musgo splash is actually Old World scent or the scent of a bygone era fit for royalty.

Brilliant. What a great resource we truly have at our fingertips all with great entertainment value. :a14:

Last edited:
Coolness! I have yet to try the Musgo products yet but can't wait till I do. I have to finish some other stuff up first. I've checked back and forth online for the different scents of creams, soaps and splashes. My guess would be the classic scent first. What is your opinion? Good luck with your shave, cuz it's always good to hear of someone finding a product they really love and feel they can depend on. And I hope that this product once I get to try it is one that I will want to love as well,........warm lather to you!:001_smile

Hi, all. I've been using the Musgo Real pre-shave Lyme soap and quite like it. When looking for another scented aftershave I browsed the reviews and came upon the review for the Musgo Real Classic Aftershave and decided to give it a shot. I'd also read good thing about the cream. Well, they arrived yesterday and I was able to dig into them today. All I can say is that I truly love these products. Not only do they seem to work really well at what they are intended to do but they aren't too expensive and have, what to me, are fantastic scents. I will say that they're not for everyone but I, for one, will use them regularly.

+1

I'm with you, brother. Musgo is the Cadillac of shaving cream. There is nothing more manly, and I get the best shaves with it. I think it's the lanolin. Or maybe they put testosterone in it. I don't know. And the after shave balm is also great. But I only use it when I'm going out in the evening, not when I go to work. My work environment is too neutral for that kind of scent.

You guys are killing me! I just picked up some Omega and Nivea/Florena this weekend ... the two together came to < $12CDN.

Anyone know where I can get Musgo in Toronto/GTA?

Hi, my name is Trius, and I have SCAD.

I love Mussgo. It is my day to day shave cream. I haven't tried the other products, but will. You can't go wrong with it.

Musgo is great! The pre-shave oil is fantastic, and I've gotten into the habit of putting some on my whole face before I shower in the morning, whether I'm shaving that day or not. It's either the tea tree oil or some kind of menthol, but it acts like Vick's vapo-rub - opens my nasal passages and gets me breathing in the morning. Very therapeutic. :)

The ASB is almost perfect and I'd recommend it to anyone. Same for the shave cream.

I use either Spieck A/S or Musgo Real A/S, and like both quite a lot. Better yet, my wife likes both and female colleagues have complimented me on both. You can't do better than that, IMHO.

The pre-shave oil is fantastic, and I've gotten into the habit of putting some on my whole face before I shower in the morning, whether I'm shaving that day or not.
I do the same thing with the pre-shave Glycerin Lime soap - I use it on my face in the shower whether I'm shaving or not.

Musgo cream one of my favorites. Very moisturizing. Might be the lanolin. Some people say it clogs their brushes, but I have not had this problem.

I really like the Musgo Real Mens Soap (not shave soap). great scent, trip milled and lasts a long time. Of course soap is Claus Porto's claim to fame.

The classic after shave is no doubt my favorite. It has a scent with staying power that is uncommonly good. Wish they would make a cologne in the classic scent.

Tip: Make a shaving cocktail by using a snurdle of Musgo cream and adding a few drops the Musgo shaving oil. Mmmmmmm. I even mix the oil when using my unscented AOS cream. Wow.:tongue_sm

I just used this today and WOW! It was a great shave today :001_smile it really must be the lanolin in it, now I am off to find more lanolin SC's

Top Bottom