What's new

Haul from the Maggard Meet

Incidentally, what does "treewhaling" means?:001_smile

Treewhaling is when you go nuts and buy a bunch of stuff. I believe it became a verb after a member here, who’s name was Treewhale, was on a purchase sabbatical and went mad and bought a whole ****eload of shaving products.

One chuckle I got was at the PIF table. There was a container of AOS sandlewood cream. I was thinking, based on the love here, this was going to be a great score...

I opened it to take in an olfactory sample, and the container was empty. I wonder how many other people fell for the same trick, hilarious.

The first mate and I had a great time connecting with all the guys (and ladies - more ladies every year) again this year. Visited at length with @Schwim and his bride after the event was over. Seemed like friends from way back in no time and honestly, that can be said of many of those who attended. About 70% of the vendors had been invited the year before with 30% being new. Something like twenty or so total. Somewhat of a reunion seeing the same faces - a blast. Like a party where a shaving event broke out. Loud and in a good way.

Got my shopping done the day before and picked up a selection of different soaps from fellow artisans all in the name of (cough, cough...) research - yes REsearch!

View attachment 986916

Here are some pictures of the event. They are taken in the corner looking out over the floor. The two pictures overlap somewhat if you look at the people - this way you can get a sense of the scale. This is upstairs where the event took place. Right below is the large retail space. I am able to pick out some of the vendors for you: Blue shirt just left of center with back to the wall is Shawn (Sean?) of Chatillian Lux, couple of guys to the left is Scott in blond hair with back to the wall of Declaration Grooming, far left corner in pink shirt is Eric of Janus Razors, right next to him in blue cap is the fellow who owns Carbon Shaving, guy in green t-shirt owns Ezra Arthur, guy in black t-shirt reaching forward is Paolo of Eleven, guy in pink shirt sitting down is owner of Ariana & Evans, black cap reaching forward is Shree of Wholly Kaw, red shirt in foreground is owner of Siliski Soaps, middle of picture just right of center in yellow shirt is Peter of Wolf Whiskers, right of center looking at camera in blue shirt is Ron of Chiseled Face, to his right is Shannon of Shannon's Soaps, right background outlined against the white doors are two of the brothers of Timeless Razors, six people to the left of them is a fellow in a white baseball cap - that is Cody of Noble Otter.

View attachment 986918

Bottom right here is Rod of Stirling Soaps, next to him is Chris of Catie's Bubbles, Yellow Shirt is owner of Through the Fire Fine Craft, far right against the wall is a guy doing his best to look like Mark Zuckerberg. Left of center is a fellow in red baseball cap. Just over the top of it is the owner of Oleo Soaps, to the right of her in white shirt is a fellow with Henri et Victoria. Better shot of the Timeless owners left of center with royal blue shirts on. To their left is the husband and wife team of Blackship Grooming and next is Cody again with Noble Otter.

View attachment 986920
Thanks Cap. Looks like a good time.

Top Bottom