What's new

Hat of the Day!

Harris Tweed flat cap from L.L. Bean. Probably 10 yrs old. Love this hat.

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Akubra Federation Deluxe. At the time it was the most accurate, off the shelf, Indiana Jones hat on the market.
. . .
It was much colder then it looked outside.
Stay stay safe everyone
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it still is, unless you want to spring for a custom model from one of the independent hatmakers. I have 2 Fed IVs, a dark charcoal gray and a medium gray on which I had the brim trimmed back and a matching ribbon put on for a dressier look. I need to dig out the dark gray and wear it again soon.

My hat today is this Royal Stetson from the early Sixties. Though it looks like a Stratoliner, at no point does it say that it is. This hat works with jeans and collared casual shirt, or with a suit and topcoat:

100_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Though it looks like a Stratoliner, at no point does it say that it is.
I have a very similar hat my dad picked up at Shudde Brothers in Texas in the late 50s. It's not marked a Strat but the dimensions are VERY Similar. Mine is an open crown 7x Clear Beaver.
Today I started out in my new (to me) Royal Biltmore porkpie in Navy but soon realized that it wasn't keeping me warm enough.
Switched to an Italian wool pub cap
20210112_093643.jpg20210112_103716.jpg20210112_185210.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think it still is, unless you want to spring for a custom model from one of the independent hatmakers. I have 2 Fed IVs, a dark charcoal gray and a medium gray on which I had the brim trimmed back and a matching ribbon put on for a dressier look. I need to dig out the dark gray and wear it again soon.

My hat today is this Royal Stetson from the early Sixties. Though it looks like a Stratoliner, at no point does it say that it is. This hat works with jeans and collared casual shirt, or with a suit and topcoat:

View attachment 1207676
That is a hat I'd love to wear my friend! Beautiful. And you are right, I think I could pull that off with sweats, and I don't even own sweats. I'm too lazy to sweat.

New straw for my birthday. 20x American Hat Company straw with CHL brim and crown crease purchased at the outstanding Best Hat Store in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards. They'll serve you a cold beer while they're shaping your hat. Andy did it up right!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

View attachment 1207676
That's a great looking hat!

Though it's far too warm and humid for a felt hat today, it's also raining (which makes the air feel like tepid oil oozing on your skin). So I brought this one:

Colfax_Qtr.jpgColfax_Profile.jpg

A few years ago I had Mike Miller of Northwest Hats in Eugene, Oregon, model it on a very cheap but sturdy fedora I found at Meyer the Hatter in the mid-'90s. Though I had better hats, I could never bring myself to dump the "Casablanca," as it was called. This custom was quite inexpensive compared to other customs at the time. It fitted perfectly right out of the box. He included 2 other "belts," one in dark brown and one in black, so I could switch to them if I felt like it.

Top Bottom