What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Hat of the Day!

Akubra Federation Deluxe. At the time it was the most accurate, off the shelf, Indiana Jones hat on the market.
. . .
It was much colder then it looked outside.
Stay stay safe everyone
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it still is, unless you want to spring for a custom model from one of the independent hatmakers. I have 2 Fed IVs, a dark charcoal gray and a medium gray on which I had the brim trimmed back and a matching ribbon put on for a dressier look. I need to dig out the dark gray and wear it again soon.

My hat today is this Royal Stetson from the early Sixties. Though it looks like a Stratoliner, at no point does it say that it is. This hat works with jeans and collared casual shirt, or with a suit and topcoat:

100_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Though it looks like a Stratoliner, at no point does it say that it is.
I have a very similar hat my dad picked up at Shudde Brothers in Texas in the late 50s. It's not marked a Strat but the dimensions are VERY Similar. Mine is an open crown 7x Clear Beaver.
Today I started out in my new (to me) Royal Biltmore porkpie in Navy but soon realized that it wasn't keeping me warm enough.
Switched to an Italian wool pub cap
20210112_093643.jpg 20210112_103716.jpg 20210112_185210.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
I think it still is, unless you want to spring for a custom model from one of the independent hatmakers. I have 2 Fed IVs, a dark charcoal gray and a medium gray on which I had the brim trimmed back and a matching ribbon put on for a dressier look. I need to dig out the dark gray and wear it again soon.

My hat today is this Royal Stetson from the early Sixties. Though it looks like a Stratoliner, at no point does it say that it is. This hat works with jeans and collared casual shirt, or with a suit and topcoat:

View attachment 1207676
That is a hat I'd love to wear my friend! Beautiful. And you are right, I think I could pull that off with sweats, and I don't even own sweats. I'm too lazy to sweat.

Top Bottom