What's new

Haslinger soap

Interesting comment. 🙏

When you said “can be used to make excellent shave sticks”, I thought why not use the smallish Haslinger puck as a shaving stick “as is” by rubbing it straight into the stubble?

I tried that today with a fresh puck of Haslinger Honig (Honey) and it worked quite well.

I was never big on shaving sticks, found that they often lack cushion and lubrication (specially when using a straight razor) and used them only when going on short overnight trips. With the exception of the Tabac stick, most of them had none or unreliable (La Toja, Lea) travel containers where the cap came off easily.

Palmolive sticks are out of production, La Toja is off my shopping list since they pulled the plug on the shaving creams, I still have a few Tabac shaving sticks but probably won’t replace them when gone, and the Lea stick is really not that great, just adequate.

And my little experiment this morning proved that I actually don’t need shaving sticks.

A small tin of Haslinger shaving soap is about as practical to carry on an overnight trip as a shaving stick, I like shaving soap better anyway, and if I ever should feel the urge to use a shaving stick for “old times’ sake” I can always rub a puck of Haslinger shaving soap into my face and pretend it is a stick. :sneaky2:

Sometimes you can solve a problem (most compact form of shaving soap when travelling by air) by taking something (shaving stick) away. :thumbup:

Brilliant…
Again, thank you for mentioning this.

B.
I rub my Haslinger into my face. This is the way in which I use them, but I do the same with other soaps like MĂĽhle and even MWF.
The loading is faster than rub the bush on the soap, specially with a beard of two/three days because it scratches is like a metallic brush lol.

Top Bottom