What's new

Haslinger soap tins/containers?

I really like the see-through tins, which are sold on the Calani web site (I believe they sell two different types). I always grate the pucks into the tins, but they do fit the tins pretty well.
$image.jpg

I've never seen one (with lid) that fits the Haslinger. Without the lid, perhaps the French white ramekins that a custard might go into. I grate mine on the finest size of the vegetable grater and mash it (hard) evenly into round porcelain trinket boxes that I periodically run into at antique malls, Goodwill, etc. If you take a minute to put it in level and packed well, after the first workout with a shaving brush it's hard to tell it's not a real puck.

My Schafmilch came with a plastic container (I could choose whether or not to get a container when I bought it) and it works a charm. Can be seen in this photo (lid not shown).

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I grated two and a half pucks into an old cream jar with nice threads. I'm not sure I'll bother with the grater next time.

To me, the puck is too small for any container AND give you room for lathering. You're best bet, and everyone here suggests it, would be to grate it into any container that would work for you. I use a ramekin bowl.

Don

Mine was a LASS tub I got from Maggards. Their empty containers are pretty cheap. I threw one on an order. You never know what container you will get though.

Top Bottom