What's new

Haslinger Shafmilch

Bernd of Shavemac turned me on to Haslinger, the Marigold and Seaweed soaps and I can honestly say, on their own, the non tallow soaps perform very well. When I add them to Tabac and Stirling Sheep containers, both tallow, the Haslinger/Tallow combo makes for an excellent shaving soap. I liked this combo so much that I ordered additional Stirling Sheep pots and Haslinger’s aloe, milk and sandalwood pucks. Use what you feel most comfortable with, tallow or non tallow… what’s available in the marketplace is exceptional.

You could try Haslinger Sandalwood shaving soap.
I quite like it and Haslinger also has a matching sandalwood body lotion and after shave balm.

B.

The Honig smells very good. The sandalwood is on the lighter side of sandalwood, but very nice. Whereas, Mitchell's Wool Fat reminds me of fresh milk, the Haslinger Schafmilch reminds me of milk and honey. I had several other pucks which I gifted to a friend. I did sniff them before giving them away and I thought that the sage had a very light and pleasant fragrance. Sadly enough, he can't use them because of concerns about peanut oil sensitivity. I will be sure to let him know about the Sensitive formulation.

I will take a look at both soaps. But the best in these cases is smell them. Sadly, I don't have any shop near to me to do it.

Haslinger Schafmilch may be my very favorite soap. The ease of creating a thick, rich lather; the quality of that lather, and the shave it gives and the face feel afterward, all combine to make a fantastic soap that is rivaled by few. The only thing about it that is not fantastic, for me, is the scent. It's not bad, by any means; in fact, it's rather pleasant. It just isn't great. If I had to choose only one soap tp use for the rest of my life (God forbid), it would be in the running for sure.

Haslinger Schafmilch may be my very favorite soap. The ease of creating a thick, rich lather; the quality of that lather, and the shave it gives and the face feel afterward, all combine to make a fantastic soap that is rivaled by few. The only thing about it that is not fantastic, for me, is the scent. It's not bad, by any means; in fact, it's rather pleasant. It just isn't great. If I had to choose only one soap tp use for the rest of my life (God forbid), it would be in the running for sure.
I am not certain of Austrian preferences, but the German friends that I have known usually preferred food that had relatively little spice or was delicately spiced. If the Austrian palate is similar, I can imagine that they would prefer straightforward, uncomplicated scents.

You could use the Haslinger Sensitive which doesn't contain peanut oil. No lanolin, either, but I found the performance was similar to the Schafmilch.

I also have to give shout to Haslinger Sensitive, which is my current favorite.
I agree that the performance is the same, even though I have not tested them in sequence or side by side.
It was the Sensitive that turn me to Haslinger again.
BTW, it's the same formulation as the Aloe Vera without the added parfum.

I also have to give shout to Haslinger Sensitive, which is my current favorite.
I agree that the performance is the same, even though I have not tested them in sequence or side by side.
It was the Sensitive that turn me to Haslinger again.
BTW, it's the same formulation as the Aloe Vera without the added parfum.

Sensitive and Aloe Vera are similar, but not exactly the same. The Sensitive does not have any peanut oil, colors or fragrance added.

The real mystery is why a 60g shaving soap that sells for $4.50 in Europe costs around $9.00 from vendors on this side of the Atlantic! It's a pretty fair deal at the Euro price, but not a fair deal here unless you import it.

Sensitive and Aloe Vera are similar, but not exactly the same. The Sensitive does not have any peanut oil, colors or fragrance added.

The real mystery is why a 60g shaving soap that sells for $4.50 in Europe costs around $9.00 from vendors on this side of the Atlantic! It's a pretty fair deal at the Euro price, but not a fair deal here unless you import it.
You are right, it has peanut oil, but it's after the parfum and I didn't even noticed it.

As for the prices, it's the same the other way around. North American soaps are much more expensive in Europe.
Even those that are Italian made but sold under an overseas brand.

In case anyone is wondering what the Sensitive smells like, the best description I have heard is a very, very slight scent of spackling compound (used for repairing walls). There is hardly any scent once it is lathered up.

:laugh:

don't Cry!

proxy.php
€3,48 --> L i n k
proxy.php
$10,00 --> L i n k
proxy.php
R$ 110,00 = $22,87 = €20,87 --> L i n k

Top Bottom