What's new

Haslinger Shafmilch

I tried it last night. It is amazing - probably the best soap I have ever used. Cushioning, glide and moisturising all in one and helped to deliver an amazingly close shave with no irritation.

If you prefer more aggressive razors with sharp, less forgiving blades or if you have skin that tends to be dry or get irritated then you have to try this soap.

Indeed, one of the very best, as are all of the Haslinger offerings. Not a clunker in the bunch.

Haslinger Sandalwood.jpg

Haslinger shave soaps can be used to make shave sticks with excellent performance! I've got a Sage shaving stick that will be getting a lot of use this Summer.

I tried it last night. It is amazing - probably the best soap I have ever used. Cushioning, glide and moisturising all in one and helped to deliver an amazingly close shave with no irritation.

If you prefer more aggressive razors with sharp, less forgiving blades or if you have skin that tends to be dry or get irritated then you have to try this soap.

Congrats, Sir wulfgar1976!
You've discovered a truly classic wet shaving gem!
Can you post a pic of your puck as well as the ingredients??

Haslinger is a very good soap at a fair price. I’ve recently 3017’ed a Ringelblumen puck.

Not my favorite soap, though.

I’ve been using Schafmilch v2 for a few weeks. I used the tallow version years ago and I can’t tell the difference, meaning both are very good.

For those of you who love Shafmilch, I am glad it works for you. Unfortunately, it does not work well for me. I never tried the tallow version, only the one based on stearates.

It does produce a very slick lather and for some people, that is all they need and desire. I have sensitive skin and did not find the lather to provide sufficient cushion/skin protection. Thus, I got some irritation during my shave. Although the soap contains milk and lanolin, I did not find the post-shave conditioning to be that great. Overall, the soap got a score of 80% in my evaluation. To me, that means the soap is acceptable, but I much prefer soaps that score 95% and higher. Thus, Scafmilch does not get much love in my den.

For those of you who love Shafmilch, I am glad it works for you. Unfortunately, it does not work well for me. I never tried the tallow version, only the one based on stearates.

It does produce a very slick lather and for some people, that is all they need and desire. I have sensitive skin and did not find the lather to provide sufficient cushion/skin protection. Thus, I got some irritation during my shave. Although the soap contains milk and lanolin, I did not find the post-shave conditioning to be that great. Overall, the soap got a score of 80% in my evaluation. To me, that means the soap is acceptable, but I much prefer soaps that score 95% and higher. Thus, Scafmilch does not get much love in my den.
Out of interest, which soaps do you rate the most?

Top Bottom