What's new

Haslinger Aloe Vera vs Tabac stick?

hello guys,

just asking out of curiosity, what would you choose if you had to choose between Haslinger Aloe Vera and a Tabac stick? which one is better in terms of slickness, cushioning and after-shave feeling?

thanks

Clearly Haslinger, no doubt.
Primarily because of better lubrication.

After all, you wanted a comparison of Haslinger soap (puck) against the Tabac shaving stick.
And while I consider the Tabac stick one of the best shaving sticks out there, it is still just that - a shaving stick and therefore in my book a space saving compromise that sacrifices some of the lubrication that Tabac soap has.

The comparison would be closer if I had to compare Haslinger soap against Tabac shaving soap, but I would probably still give Haslinger the edge.

Both are excellent in their own way, have their own different strengths, and therefore do not compare that well.

B.

It's pretty close in my opinion, with Tabac having a slight edge. Both are great, hard to go wrong here.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
For me it would be a tossup. Just get both (B&B standard reply) and see for yourself.

Hasslinger’s. But only the Aloe Vera. It’s the only Hasslinger’s scent I can stand.

I hate Tabac’s scent. Too much to put up with for the quality of it otherwise.

They’re both top tier soaps, use what you like. I keep my Hasslinger sticked.

Haslinger Aloe is a very nice soap with a very mild scent. Tabac is a whole different animal altogether. Stick vs Puck is like apples and oranges also, two different approaches to making lather. As a Tabac-phile myself, the stick doesn't perform as well as the puck and the puck doesn't provide the same overall shave quality of the Haslinger Aloe, where post-shave is concerned. Tabac always lathers ridiculously fast though. I'd go for the Haslinger if you don't mind blooming and loading it from a container, it's also very hard and seems to last a very long time.

If a shave stick is what you desire, get neither. Get a stick of Speick; the best shave soap I've used to date, without question. It's all-business soap with great scent, protection, and post-shave feel. I love it so much I grind it into a tub and then load it from there. On the left, Haslinger Aloe, on the right 2 Speick sticks, that never stood a chance as sticks. :)

image.png

Last edited:
Haslinger Aloe is a very nice soap with a very mild scent. Tabac is a whole different animal altogether. Stick vs Puck is like apples and oranges also, two different approaches to making lather. As a Tabac-phile myself, the stick doesn't perform as well as the puck and the puck doesn't provide the same overall shave quality of the Haslinger Aloe, where post-shave is concerned. Tabac always lathers ridiculously fast though. I'd go for the Haslinger if you don't mind blooming and loading it from a container, it's also very hard and seems to last a very long time.

If a shave stick is what you desire, get neither. Get a stick of Speick; the best shave soap I've used to date, without question. It's all-business soap with great scent, protection, and post-shave feel. I love it so much I grind it into a tub and then load it from there. On the left, Haslinger Aloe, on the right 2 Speick sticks, that never stood a chance as sticks. :)

View attachment 973288
Thanks for the amazing detailed reply! cheers! will try a Speick should i find it at my local store!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve not used Haslinger Aloe but Schafmilch is in my modest rotation of four soaps along with Tabac. I would hate to have make a choice between the to but the Haslinger would likely edge out Tabac based on a slight performance preference. Fortunately, I won’t have to make that choice. My other two soaps are MWF and Arko.

Top Bottom