What's new

Has your fragrance collection gotten out of control?

I started collecting a few years ago, with the idea of having 4-5 scents. Now I find I have over 60 scents and a wine cooler to store them in. Not complaining or bragging ,just wondered if anyone else had similar story, thanks.

Three years ago I had only one or two frags. I often wondered in the past why anyone would want more than that. It looks like I answered my own question as my collection has grown to over 150 bottles and countless samples since 2017.

I’m a self confessed fraghead too. Shaving with creams and soaps got me in to it really.

I used to have a signature scent although that changed a few times from D&G Pour Homme to L’eau D’Issey Pour Homme to Polo Black. I now own multiple bottles of favourites (Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT, Chanel Égoïste, Chanel Antaeus, TF Tuscan Leather, YSL Jazz, YSL Opium, Givenchy Gentleman, Fahrenheit and Zegna Javanese Patchouli).

The collection is still in double figures though, so I think it‘s under control. I try and rotate and wear something different every day.

Maybe? I went from a scent or two a couple years ago to more than 50 full bottles and currently, about 25 samples / small decants. Like others have said, soaps and aftershaves started me down this path.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yes. Worst of all rabbit holes!

My "wardrobe" is up to 102, and that's insane.

Granted I am studying this seriously, read a lot about it, etc.

And it does"color the day," as T/S noted ... Which adds something to quality of life.

No regrets, but note that aftershave is the gateway drug to EdCs!

AA

Yes. Worst of all rabbit holes!

My "wardrobe" is up to 102, and that's insane.

Granted I am studying this seriously, read a lot about it, etc.

And it does"color the day," as T/S noted ... Which adds something to quality of life.

No regrets, but note that aftershave is the gateway drug to EdCs!

AA
Eau de Cologne's or just mens fragrances?

I realized I was getting into the danger zone a while ago. I had bought my 5th or 6th bottle, so I swore off full size bottles and now I just have a bunch of 10 ml decants. Much cheaper, and I don't feel bad if I decide I don't like a particular scent later on.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
OMG...for decades I used only Knize Ten, but now I think I have some 50 bottles or so, plus back-ups for some of my favs. Eventually, I will cut down to maybe 10-15, by not replacing what is used up.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Eau de Cologne's or just mens fragrances?

If the aftershave smells good, the cologne is even better!

Then you start studying accords, buying essential oils ... At least I did.

Lately I'm obsessed with mousse de saxe. It's genius.

AA

Thanks to all the replies, I also got started with shaving soaps and aftershaves , I think what really got me into frags was YouTube and finding gray market prices online , couldn't do this with retail prices, especially in Canada where I live. Good to have company though.:a21:

My aftershave collection feels like it's out of control for me, at about 15 it's time to rein it in and use what I got, or at least finish ONE bottle before I buy another. I'll probably now focus on colognes, which stand at single digits now. Just ordered Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather on sale yesterday, to match the cream that I have.

Safe for now, maybe. If you can avoid the cologne rabbit hole, then we admire your discipline.
No we don't. :nonod: We all think, "Poor guy just doesn't know what he's missing."
We need to get him more into thinking this way.
Precious.jpg

Top Bottom