What's new

Has the Quality of Personna Lab Blue Blades Gone Down?

The last box i bought last year seems to lack consistancy, ill get a few good blades, then a rough one. I still enjoy them and i dont think its as big a deal as some have, still an overall great blade, maybe when they changed ownership a few years back they had lost some staff and are still learning the equipment and QA process.

They are getting bad reviews on Amazon because of the smudged ink. Customers there believe the blades are counterfeit because of the bad ink job. Im not sure what the managers are thinking over there to let millions of blades go out with the smudged ink.

If they cant get the ink fixed they would be better off to the leave the blades with no logo at all

They have had smudged ink as far back as I have been buying them. People on amazon can be really ignorant and definitely sheep-like when it comes to opinions.

Last edited:
This is my go to blade, even with blurred ink :302: they seem to work with every razor I try them in, other blades are picky with what razors they perform best in. YMMV

I'm not sure but, I didn't get good shaves from any personna blades lately. The famous lab blues gave me so so shaves. They dont glide well, nor leave a particularly smooth surface.

Crystal blades were one of my favorites since from the early 2000s. But for the last few years, whenever I try them, I don't like them. They don't tug but don't glide either. I remember them being much nicer, noticeably sharper and smoother.

Also in our local shaving forum, A LOT of people are complaning about crystals for not being comfortable or good shavers. I don't know what happened but it seems to me overall personna blades got worse. I used to recommend them to every beginner, now I don't buy them anymore.

I found it to vary in quality control as far as Personna blades, I was fortunate to have gotten a great 100 pack of the Med Preps but the blues have been hit and miss.

I purchased a 120 pack of the Crystals about 4 years ago and they were great.

I bought another 50 two years ago and they weren’t the same, I’m glad I still have some of the good quality ones a while back because they last and are perfect for a couple of my razors.

There are a lot of other great blades out there.

Crystal blades were one of my favorites since from the early 2000s. But for the last few years, whenever I try them, I don't like them. They don't tug but don't glide either. I remember them being much nicer, noticeably sharper and smoother.
Also in our local shaving forum, A LOT of people are complaning about crystals for not being comfortable or good shavers. I don't know what happened but it seems to me overall personna blades got worse. I used to recommend them to every beginner, now I don't buy them anymore.
+1
Crystals were completely different 10-11 years ago. Now they are pretty bad.

I was buying 5 packs of "bad ink" Lab Blues and they were great. Then I ordered a 100 pack. This ones had the "pretty" ink but are dull on one side.

I have always felt that the Lab Blues were razor specific, I bought 200 a few years ago, they deliver a great shave in my Rockwell, they are horrible in my redtip and smooth as silk in the 37c.

I like the Lab Blues.
They have worked well in every razor I’ve used them in . I get a minimum of 8 shaves from each one.

Top Bottom