What's new

Has Tam Dao Changed?

I recently got some and it's not the same as what I had. Less of a distinct pure sandalwood note and more feminine. It was not for me and I got rid of it. I'm bummed. I really liked my last bottle.

I've heard that it and Santal Noble had both been reformulated, but don't know that for a fact. If true, that's really sad.

I recently got some and it's not the same as what I had. Less of a distinct pure sandalwood note and more feminine. It was not for me and I got rid of it. I'm bummed. I really liked my last bottle.

You should ask the question over on basenotes.com, or search on Tam Dao there to see. I don'[t use Tam Dao, but have sampled it and sweet it isn't. Think it is classified as unisex, but not feminine. From the write-ups I have read, I would find it hard to believe that they would have reformulated it because of its popularity.

Both were edt. I can only think of two practical reasons why it would change. Either one of my bottles was fake (unlikely) or the sandalwood they use is too difficult or expensive to come by. Good suggestion about asking over at Basenotes.

I just got some MPG Santal Noble in a vintage version and a current version. They seem different to me, but I am truly not sure which I like better. They both seem like incredible sandalwoods to me.

Top Bottom