What's new

Has my williams mug soap gone bad?

Pic attached.

I’ve had it for almost 9-10 months now and i use it every week or so. So a good 30-35 shaves so far. Yesterday i noticed a blue mark in the middle, which wasn’t there before. It doesn’t smell foul or anything, but i’m not sure what the spot would mean.
Soaps can’t go bad, or can they? Any other williams mug users had this issue?

I wanted to use it today, but decided against it. I can grab a new one since it’s only a dollar, but its a bit dissapointing if i’ll have to trash this one since it was in that sweet ‘easy to lather’ zone now. I don’t think i’ve even used half so far.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um......I think you are just seeing the bowl through an area where the puck has become quite thin. I don't see anything wrong with that soap at all.

And by the way, I have a puck of vintage Williams from the 1960s and it hasn't gone bad, either.

Lather it up and use it. I think what you'll find is that the area of color enlarges and turns more of an obvious green to your eye.

No worries, just starting to see through the remnants of your puck to the bowl in the bottom. Wait until it's totally dry and pop the 'disk' out of the bowl... You'll probably be able to see through it.

Use it till it's gone or pop your next puck on top.

The puck is just getting thin in the middle like other have chimed in and you are starting to see the bottom of the bowl. Just get your brush and lather up, no problem with that soap at all!

Besides the usual offerings of derby and personna blades at Sally's, the few items one could find at Target, and the occasional TJ Maxx proraso haul, the only real traditional shaving product I can get locally from a storefront is Williams for around $2 a puck at a small family owned pharmacy/diner. They also have Wilkinson sword de blades, modern Chinese 'schick' injector blades, and the only place I've ever seen Gillette foamy lemon lime in person.

Anyway, I was never a huge Williams fan but my last go was pretty successful and I want to support local availability of 'working man' priced traditional shave items so I think I'll stop in there this week and grab a puck. Or a couple two three, ya know, really fill a mug.

Looks a little thin in the middle to me. I dont think I have ever heard of a William's puck going bad. Still, at such a low price it is probably just as easy to start a new puck.

Top Bottom