What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Has B&B slowed down (traffic)?

Has the traffic on B&B slowed down? Years ago there was a ton of BST activity, now it's fairly quiet. It feels like other areas get fewer posts too. Did we lose some traffic to YouTube and Instagram?

Just curious!

ackvil

I don't think so, Vlad. If you take a look at the new members we are getting new members every day. In addition, we have a ton of lurkers. For example, this is the stats on who is online now: Total: 902 (members: 232, guests: 670).

I stop by often, usually once a day or more. Instagram just doesn't do it for me. I like the fact that this has more than just razors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
I stop by often, usually once a day or more. Instagram just doesn't do it for me. I like the fact that this has more than just razors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Me too. Except I can be on here for hours at a time. Sorry gents, but you are cheaper than therapy!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Contributor
Ambassador
Has the traffic on B&B slowed down? Years ago there was a ton of BST activity, now it's fairly quiet. It feels like other areas get fewer posts too. Did we lose some traffic to YouTube and Instagram?

Just curious!
I was thinking this morning that I've noticed a lot more activity on the BST than I used to, but I'm not counting anything.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Just curious!
What I have noticed because I frequent here often is certain times of the year it might be a little slower periods.
You would think being winter it would be me more active because there is less to do IMO. There is so many topics going on also that it might seem slower to some. Still all in all I enjoy it at B&B and a few other forums.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
What I have noticed because I frequent here often is certain times of the year it might be a little slower periods.
You would think being winter it would be me more active because there is less to do IMO. There is so many topics going on also that it might seem slower to some. Still all in all I enjoy it at B&B and a few other forums.
Yeah, I'll get on here in the summer, and this place will be hopping! Then winter, and it sometimes feels like I'm the only one here. Strange.

I dont' think it's slowed down, but it seems like there is less activity since the software upgrade.

The Updates Bell seems to lag sometimes. There will be updates hours old and it shows none and then all of a sudden it's Johnny on the spot for awhile and then it takes a break again.

Also, one feature I absolutely want back. The handy link to search this forum in whatever forum your in rather than the now multi click clunky way to get your search limited to a particular forum. Please bring that back.

I'm a shift worker, so some days I spend more time here than others. I'm also a very early riser, so I have a fair bit of quiet time to myself. The shaving and then sharing my experience on the forum is cheap therapy and a great distraction. And I've been quite lucky on the BST.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Contributor
Ambassador
I dont' think it's slowed down, but it seems like there is less activity since the software upgrade.

The Updates Bell seems to lag sometimes. There will be updates hours old and it shows none and then all of a sudden it's Johnny on the spot for awhile and then it takes a break again.

Also, one feature I absolutely want back. The handy link to search this forum in whatever forum your in rather than the now multi click clunky way to get your search limited to a particular forum. Please bring that back.
1576786896809.png

That option - assuming what I've copied as a screenshot and pasted is what you're talking about - appears when I search (I'm using a MacbookPro computer and Chrome). I noticed it was gone a while back but then it reappeared. I like it, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim