What's new

Has B&B been crashing a lot lately?

I've noticed the forums have been down a lot lately. Three times in as many days for me. Am I the only one having this problem?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have seen the same thing and each time had a timeout followed by a CloudFlare page. I assumed site maintenance was being performed at what I would think would be a relatively quiet hour in the USA.

We are experiencing random server blips at random times in the middle of the night. I'm still investigating trying to figure out what's going on there. The outages normally only last a minute or two, according to monitoring.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Not sure if it helps you but this is what I get.
Screenshot_20200424-085101_Samsung Internet.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
COVID has forced the Internet traffic patterns to change dramatically. The residential nodes and hubs in the local network are handling more traffic than they were engineered for. Most telcos and cable companies are in the process of adding capacity to their local networks to mitigate the congestion.

So.....in addition to any server blips on the B&B side, the timeout errors could also be due to all the extra traffic on the local provider network, data centers, major peering centers and even backbone routes.

Am I the only one who's photo's won't upload?
I see other members commenting on photos that were just uploaded. Plus all photos on B&B have disappeared on my tablet. Everything works on other forums.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
No problems for me and this is even a high traffic time.

Screenshot_2020-06-29 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

I've had a single timeout in the last 6 weeks that was gone less than a minute later.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've had no problems, but that's not saying others are wrong. I've just been lucky.

I have had some mysterious internet issues in recent weeks, but just not B&B issues.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Agreed. As I noted earlier, depending on how congested the local provider is in any given area, folks may see more time out messages than usual.

So far, I have not gotten any time out messages when accessing B&B.

My photos are coming out looking like a torn piece of film. Can someone tell me if the photo I sent came out?
proxy.php

Just deleted the tapatalk app, then reinstalled the app,
all the pictures came back, mine and everyone else's.
Thank you for the help.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thank you, all photos in B&B look like a Grey piece of film that's torn half way..

That sounds like they're only partially loading. Refreshing the page might help.

Just deleted the tapatalk app, then reinstalled the app,
all the pictures came back, mine and everyone else's.
Thank you for the help.

Nevermind lol.

That makes me want to cry. I live out in the boondocks and have wifi via cell service and on a good day I get 7Mbps download but average around 3.

I remember when I upgraded my modem so I got a full 14.4kbps. Previous to that I was getting 5-7kbps. Mbps was a fantasy.

I will say though that I've been spoiled by it and if I have to deal with slower speeds its more than a little frustrating!

Top Bottom