What's new

Has anyone used the Suehiro Kouseki 10K?

Me regalé algunos regalos de Navidad anticipados, una gama de piedras Shapton Kuromaku para mis cinceles japoneses y hojas de avión, y acabo de recibir el Suehiro 10k Kouseki y el 10k Maido.

Probé el kouseki de 10K y estoy muy impresionado, el pulido se sintió bien, se afiló sobre lino y cuero y el afeitado fue excelente.
¡Muy nítido, pero también muy suave, agradable para la piel y tolerante! No hay picadura de alumbre alguna.
Hice un golpe descuidado y fácilmente habría cortado mi piel y sacado sangre con otro filo, pero este no lo hizo. Ese Kouseki es otra cosa. Estas piedras son buenas. Después de esto, podré volver a las piedras de acabado naturales. Me afeitaré diariamente durante 1 o 2 semanas para probar realmente el borde y cómo le va a mi piel, pero el primer afeitado fue muy prometedor. Suehiro fabrica unas piedras de afeitar muy finas.

Una vez, Martin en Rasurpur me envió un TI Grelot que estaba pulido con un Jnat, el mejor filo de afeitar que he tenido, esto me lo recuerda.
Hello. How does the kouseki behave and in the end do you use it as a finishing or pre-finishing stone? thank you

The Suehiro 10k is an excellent stone with a wide range for its grit, can be aggressive with slurry and near mirror finish on a clean and freshly lapped with provided nagura.

This stone has benched my old stand by Naniwia 8k Snow Whites, which also polished to near mirror.

The stone is hard for a synthetic. A good lapping with a 140 plate or 220 wet and dry may be needed. It is stone face dependent so refining with a finer grit diamond plate and provided nagura or Jnat nagura and washing clean, to smooth and refine the stone face, will produce near mirror finish bevels and laser straight edges.

I do not like shaving off synthetic stones, even film, but this level of finish is excellent for a natural finisher. I take this finish to a Jnat or Ark for a super smooth and comfortable shaving edge.

If you can shave off this stone depends on your skin and beard. It is an excellent stone. Every razor that comes through my shop sees this stone. My usual progression is a 1k King, 6K vintage S-3 King, 10k Suehiro Pre-finisher and Jnat or Ark finisher.

You will not regret this stone.

This is interesting. It seems to be a vintage Kouseki:

It's styled like a jnat, down to the cut off corner and little "stamp" (which I guess is printed). First time I saw it, I thought, wow, that's a nice kiita. But the stamp 光石 reads Kouseki and the logo on the front of the box is the familiar Kouseki logo.

What is also interesting is that the writing in the bottom corner of the stone says "16 micron", so around 1k. I wonder if there was a coarse Kouseki back in the day. Or maybe the decimal point wore away and it says 1.6 micron, around 10k like the modern Kouseki.

Tengo ambos y prefiero el 10k Rockstar. El resultado es igual de bueno. También carga menos virutas.
La respuesta es casi tan buena. Se siente como algo intermedio entre lo profesional y las piedras de cristal.
¿Cual es el 10K Rockstar? ¿Puedes darme el enlace? gracias.

¿Cual es el 10K Rockstar? ¿Puedes darme el enlace? gracias.

Joined the ranks today

IMG_2388.jpeg

Top Bottom