What's new

Has anyone used a muhle Silvertip fiber brush? Would you recommend it?

Certainly not. Mühle is not offering the faux horn handle any longer.
Certainly yes. Your statement about Muhle offerings is beside the point, since I was not discussing what Muhle has to offer. I will certainly be able to buy a Muhle brush in faux horn as long as the market will have it. First, the retailers would have to run out of stock. Then the private sellers on BST, ebay and so on will keep selling them. As long as my desire is there, no one can tell me what I can or cannot buy.

Yes, Muehle are in my opinion the best, and do not forget these knots are made by hand like their badger knots!!
They have a video on their website that shows it nicely.
Id love to find out where the fibers are made because they may be the only knot that isnt made in China and that would certainly explain the price.

I have used the Jagger-Muehle synthetics extensively since 2013, including a stretch of over 5 years in which I used nothing else. Wonderful knots, although I wish they made better handle shapes.

Rudy Vey gets Muehle knots and can put them in any handle you can imagine, and it's a good thing to have done.

Id love to find out where the fibers are made because they may be the only knot that isnt made in China and that would certainly explain the price.

The knots are proprietary design and they use 5 different types of fibre in the STF knot.

The knots are also hand tied.

I guess these factors lead to the price. Hand tied means nothing to me personally but overall, the STF is worth the money!

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have a paa atomic rocket and am enjoying it enough that I am looking at another synthetic (just one more.. ) and the muhle stf is always brought here and there.. kinda juggling it in my mind. Size wise I read for some reason they feel a touch smaller than they are? I was looking at the "medium" (I think it's 25mm)

Yup. The Silvertip is very soft but still has enough back bone to get the job done. This baby has alot of miles on it but still works great. Fast drying. IMV you get what you pay for.

IMG_2745.JPG
Bruish.JPG

Last edited:
EJ 25mm is still available. Only the Muhle 25mm is discontinued.

The EJ has a nicer shaped knot. It's a hybrid rather than Muhle's bulb.

It's my favorite brush of all time!
Have you had thoughts on trying an Omega Evo?

Yes I have the 22mm which I use mainly as travel brush, the knot is very comparable with the Simpson Trafalgar line up

linty1

My wallet cries.
Muhle STF is my favorite synthetic. The EJ have slightly pungent fibers.
For the Muhle brushes I got them directly from Muhle site, they have very soft tips. The best together with Duke 3 Synth.
In the pic 2 EJ 21mm and 23mm, 2 Muhle 23mm and one RV Shaving with Muhle knot. View attachment 1254362

Thats a lovely lineup there Lee, thank you for that. Just sorta tossing it around in my head is all.

I have a paa atomic rocket and am enjoying it enough that I am looking at another synthetic (just one more.. ) and the muhle stf is always brought here and there.. kinda juggling it in my mind. Size wise I read for some reason they feel a touch smaller than they are? I was looking at the "medium" (I think it's 25mm)
Small 19mm
Medium 21mm
Large 23mm
XL 25mm (now only EJ do it)

For me the better size is the 21mm of EJ, 23mm are a little too big for my face, maybe for the high loft, but I like them a lot. In fact I asked Rudy Vey to do a Brush with a knot of 23mm x 50mm, just perfect.

EJ: lightly scrubby tips and a little bit more backbone and shorter loft than Muhle, but very easy to splay.
Muhle very soft tips and easy splay.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Top Bottom