What's new

Has anyone used a muhle Silvertip fiber brush? Would you recommend it?

I still rate my EJ 21mm STF as a fantastic brush. Been using it for years now.

1627070144999.png

linty1

My wallet cries.
70A588E1-E27E-40D8-A568-E0549E2C3452.jpeg

6D6FCA19-8D38-4A3D-BDF9-727D2C316497.jpeg

20747164-EF67-40A8-9E0E-1AE64A67E5F9.jpeg

B0AD4F05-F544-44B3-B6D5-080FE9678347.jpeg

It has arrived! Came quicker than I expected. The handle grips better than I had imagined for a 19mm size. Upon cleanig with dawn, it felt like a wet tshirt tag and I was thinking there was -no- way this was going to work out. Too small. Too sparse on fibres. Wasn't planning on shaving today, but shave I did. It does/did require a slight pop to open while loading, but after that its fine. Maybe a bigger size would be more noticeable? In the bowl and loading it acts pretty much like a badger. On face.. pleasantly surprised..... its... its like an ant holding up a leaf. Shouldn't work. But it does. There is absolutely no bristle feel, pillowy. Scrub ppl should look elsewhere. It whips lather easily. But it holds lather pretty well, I had to go back to the bowl to pick up a little more lather as I went. There is just enough backbone I think. Its -not- a kent bk4 mop. Had a lovely shave. On rinsing, washing the brush out, again, it limps out and feels like a wet tshirt tag, completly different than its on face and lathering/loading performance/feel. 30 minutes on the counter later and it was dry. Would recommend, I will use mine a few more times this week, and take it on vacation as my travel brush.

View attachment 1303401

View attachment 1303402

View attachment 1303403

View attachment 1303404

It has arrived! Came quicker than I expected. The handle grips better than I had imagined for a 19mm size. Upon cleanig with dawn, it felt like a wet tshirt tag and I was thinking there was -no- way this was going to work out. Too small. Too sparse on fibres. Wasn't planning on shaving today, but shave I did. It does/did require a slight pop to open while loading, but after that its fine. Maybe a bigger size would be more noticeable? In the bowl and loading it acts pretty much like a badger. On face.. pleasantly surprised..... its... its like an ant holding up a leaf. Shouldn't work. But it does. There is absolutely no bristle feel, pillowy. Scrub ppl should look elsewhere. It whips lather easily. But it holds lather pretty well, I had to go back to the bowl to pick up a little more lather as I went. There is just enough backbone I think. Its -not- a kent bk4 mop. Had a lovely shave. On rinsing, washing the brush out, again, it limps out and feels like a wet tshirt tag, completly different than its on face and lathering/loading performance/feel. 30 minutes on the counter later and it was dry. Would recommend, I will use mine a few more times this week, and take it on vacation as my travel brush.
I will get one as well. Do you know by chance a fitting travel tube for it?

linty1

My wallet cries.
I will get one as well. Do you know by chance a fitting travel tube for it?

Yes, the tube it came in is quite sturdy, think Pringles can sturdy. Now in terms of plastic pill bottle etc. nope, I haven!t found one yet, if you (or I) do we should let each other know.

The only thing I tried (held up beside to assess fit) was one of those pee cups (its got an orange lid, and hey, its guaranteed sterile before opening, although dried pee can be sterile, point taken) and it's too small. I don't eat any pills so I don't have pill bottles to try.

edit: Oh I forgot to add, I got mine at Maggard's. 19mm.

I have the "medium size" version. The knot is plenty big, but the handle is a little small for my hand. That said, I like it, and it works well and feels like a good quality badger brush to me. It is not scratchy at all, unlike my Omega and Simpson synthetics, and it is less rubbery than my RazoRock (Plissoft?) synthetic.

On the negative side, as others have said, it is more expensive than those other synthetics that I mentioned, and it was also more expensive than some good quality badger brushes from Vulfix or Simpson. Hope this helps.

I find the Muhle STF v2 19mm (size small) an exceptional synthetic shaving brush and a significantly better performer than Muhle's 21mm or 23mm STF offerings. The force required to splay the knot, backbone, face-feel, flow through are all in the Goldilocks zone and it offers the kind of precision in use that no large knot can. No other synthetic brush that I have (EVO and CH2S included) makes lather faster or betters the quality of the lather that this little pocket rocket makes in next to no time. I am a daily head and face shaver and thought the size of the brush would be a compromise. It is not. Added to the performance of the brush is just the ease of daily use in terms of ergonomics, cleaning and drying times and how much further my soaps go; it uses so little product to work it's magic. I suspect many pass Muhles 19mm STF by, because of it's size, which is a shame, as I think, it is currently Muhle's best synthetic knot by a country mile.
Where did you get yours from?

Where did you get yours from?

I purchased direct from Muhle's UK website. I also have the 19mm STF Piccadilly brush which is a rebranded Muhle 19mm STF but with the knot they supply Edwin Jagger with. This knot has a less pronounced bulb shape and is set 1mm or 2mm lower. I purchased it off Amazon on special offer, but I believe they are now discontinued. Both knots are great but I prefer the knot shape of the Piccadilly.

I purchased direct from Muhle's UK website. I also have the 19mm STF Piccadilly brush which is a rebranded Muhle 19mm STF but with the knot they supply Edwin Jagger with. This knot has a less pronounced bulb shape and is set 1mm or 2mm lower. I purchased it off Amazon on special offer, but I believe they are now discontinued. Both knots are great but I prefer the knot shape of the Piccadilly.
Thank you!

Top Bottom