What's new

Has anyone used a muhle Silvertip fiber brush? Would you recommend it?

Yes and yes, I would recommend them. Actually I think the Mühle STF fibers are the most balanced synthetic knots available - I have 4 of them.

+1

The STF characteristics are perfect and the fibre is still #1 IME.

Although there are so many synthetics on the market that are fantastic, STF is in a league of its own.

I have 3 of the EJ variant in my collection:
23mm v1
25mm v1
25mm v2

The 25mm is a big brush due to splay but it's dense and full of luxury!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have fairly sensitive skin and have been told to look at synthetic options. Has anyone used these brushes?

Yes and yes. I have the Mühle 19mm and 25mm and the EJ 25mm brushes. They are, in my opinion, absolutely in the Top Tier of commercially available synthetic brushes.

The other commercially available synthetic brushes in the same Tier are, in my opinion, the Omega EVO, Shavemac and Simpsons Chubby.

YMMV :)

I have a 23mm one as my travel brush. Plus, Rudy Vey made one with the same knot. Excellent brushes.

1591298251611.png

I had one, I used it for a long time. But I do not like it really.
the synthetic hairs create a weird spiral when you use it, which stays unless you literally brush it out with a comb after every use, and that issue never seemed to go away.

I have one synthetic, the Muhle STF 21mm. Reading up on this brush the quality 'scrubby' seemed to be mentioned fairly frequently and piqued my interest. It is, so I'm keeping it. Well, at least this one is.

The Silvertip Fibre ones are wonderful brushes. The black fibre Muhles are just OK. Theyre usually pretty small brushes and dont have much backbone. Theyre nice brushes if you like that kind of thing though.
You could certainly question the value of Muhle synthetics. Yes, you could make a case for them being some of the best synthetic brushes on the market but you could also buy an Omega, Simpson or Yaqi synthetic for much less and get a brush that works just as well.
IMO, unless you want a German synthetic brush, Id probably look at something other than a Muhle.

I use a Muhle STF 19mm quite often and used to have it in my travel kit, back in the traveling era. The handle is one of the best I have, as in ergonomic and of excellent quality. The knot performs best among the other synthetic brushes I have and, although I don't particularly like synthetic brushes, I would consider it best in its class.
Comes closest to natural fibers, compared to other synth.
If I was free to buy shaving gear again, the Muhle STF 23mm in faux horn would be my next purchase. Maybe next year?

IMG_3899s.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The Silvertip Fibre ones are wonderful brushes. The black fibre Muhles are just OK. Theyre usually pretty small brushes and dont have much backbone. Theyre nice brushes if you like that kind of thing though.
You could certainly question the value of Muhle synthetics. Yes, you could make a case for them being some of the best synthetic brushes on the market but you could also buy an Omega, Simpson or Yaqi synthetic for much less and get a brush that works just as well.
IMO, unless you want a German synthetic brush, Id probably look at something other than a Muhle.
Yes, Muehle are in my opinion the best, and do not forget these knots are made by hand like their badger knots!!
They have a video on their website that shows it nicely.

Top Bottom