What's new

Has anyone tried Yardley and Denim shaving cream?

How are their performance and scent?

yardley_london_elegance_lather_shaving_cream_super_smooth_with_silicone_70g.jpg
den.jpg

I’ve used all 3. The Yardley’s are very strongly scented, I didn’t like the scent of the Gold at all. Elegance was much better. Performance of both was very good though.

Denim black has a very mild scent, lathers like a champ.

I’ve used all 3. The Yardley’s are very strongly scented, I didn’t like the scent of the Gold at all. Elegance was much better. Performance of both was very good though.

Denim black has a very mild scent, lathers like a champ.
Are they better than godrej?

Tough to say. Godrej is one of my favourites though I haven’t used it for a few years now. I don’t know how the current stuff is. If it’s as good as before then I’d say Godrej is better than Denim and perhaps on par with the Yardley performance-wise. But the scents of all 3 Godrejs won’t offend, the Yardleys on the other hand are quite strong so have some serious YMMV factor.

We had tried reviewing many of the Indian creams a few years ago. Let me share a link:

Indian shaving creams reviews

I use the Axe Denim from India once in awhile. It's okay. Every Indian Cream I've tried so far is adequate. Not spectacular, just adequate. Of the creams I've tried Proraso's Single Blade Line and Arko's Creams seem to the most outstanding.

Are they better than godrej?
Objectively - no they aren't better than Godrej.

Their performance is about 80% to Godrej red/green. The main difference is the scent.

Denim is a typical denim fragrance. Slightly musky.

Yardley's smell very strong and have a powdery scent.

If you can buy them for cheap then go for these. They aren't bad.

I have used and enjoyed both Yardley creams. They are both strongly scented. I liked them both. I have not tried Denim. I have tried a couple Goodrej creams. They all performed great. The Yardley scents are much more potent which I liked.

My Yardley Gold I ordered last month finally came in today. I'll let you know my first impressions of how it works on Monday. That being said, I did open the tube to give it a sniff, and I must say that I think my sniffer must be broken, because while almost the unanimous consensus is that it has a powerful scent, when I gave it a whiff it has a pleasant though relatively mild scent. Perhaps once I squeeze some out of the tube I'll be able to smell it better.

Denim Black is a fine and value-for-money shaving cream. Its scent is quite typical of Denim aftershaves - this one a bit musky and slight citrusy. Very mildly mentholated. Gives a smooth and non-eventful shave.

In case you're still interested, just used Yardley Gold. Smells nice (though either my sniffer is broken or I've got a weird batch, because it definitely wasn't a very strong scent, which the consensus says it is), good slickness, nice post shave feel, but I found it thinning out on me after the second pass. Could just be due to me not using it before and getting the amount of water wrong after the first pass, but that's what I noticed from the first shave anyway.

In case you're still interested, just used Yardley Gold. Smells nice (though either my sniffer is broken or I've got a weird batch, because it definitely wasn't a very strong scent, which the consensus says it is), good slickness, nice post shave feel, but I found it thinning out on me after the second pass. Could just be due to me not using it before and getting the amount of water wrong after the first pass, but that's what I noticed from the first shave anyway.

Well my interest in this has waned already. And the idea of silicone in a shaving cream does not appeal to me one bit.

I'll just stick to omega and godrej since they are cheap here in singapore.

Denim Black is a fine and value-for-money shaving cream. Its scent is quite typical of Denim aftershaves - this one a bit musky and slight citrusy. Very mildly mentholated. Gives a smooth and non-eventful shave.

Actually my favourite AS is denim black. Does this smell the same?

Tough to say. Godrej is one of my favourites though I haven’t used it for a few years now. I don’t know how the current stuff is. If it’s as good as before then I’d say Godrej is better than Denim and perhaps on par with the Yardley performance-wise. But the scents of all 3 Godrejs won’t offend, the Yardleys on the other hand are quite strong so have some serious YMMV factor.

We had tried reviewing many of the Indian creams a few years ago. Let me share a link:

Indian shaving creams reviews

That thread is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in Indian shaving creams.

Top Bottom