What's new

Has anyone tried Truefitt&Hills Apsly or Grafton shave creams

Looking for some feedback on Truefitt&Hills Apsly or Grafton shave creams. Both sound intriguing. Want to try one of them, or both. I currently use T&H Trafalgar and love this cream. Since it's almost gone I am looking to add another T&H to my rotation.
Any thoughts out there, better yet, experience with either or both of these creams.
Thx,
Mikey

I don't know of Aplsy - is it a new one?
Grafton is a fantastic barbershop type scent - I absolutely love it. By far my favourite of the T&H options. Hard to describe but it is fresh, clean and old school. It is very similar to TOBS Mr Taylor, if you have come across that.

Grafton is a fantastic barbershop type scent - I absolutely love it. By far my favourite of the T&H options. Hard to describe but it is fresh, clean and old school. It is very similar to TOBS Mr Taylor, if you have come across that.
Seems like it is. It's $4 more than the others.
Here's the scent description (para-phrased):
smouldering woods, light citrus notes, overtones of woody vertivert, essence of grapefruit and notes of pepper,
cedar- wood and patchouli, notes of musk.

Hey, I gotta get some of this!

Mikey

Seems like it is. It's $4 more than the others.
Here's the scent description (para-phrased):
smouldering woods, light citrus notes, overtones of woody vertivert, essence of grapefruit and notes of pepper,
cedar- wood and patchouli, notes of musk.

Hey, I gotta get some of this!

Mikey
Stuff sounds good enough to eat, so I just ordered a tub:001_tt2:

See my posts later in this thread. Just ordered a tub of Aplsy.

image.jpeg

T&H Grafton is great!

On a scale of 0-10, I would rate both 1805 and Grafton as 10s. In fact, they are my two favorite creams. I would rate T&H's Sandalwood very slightly lower, 9.8 maybe. Next one I want to try is T&H Trafalger.

On a scale of 0-10, I would rate both 1805 and Grafton as 10s. In fact, they are my two favorite creams. I would rate T&H's Sandalwood very slightly lower, 9.8 maybe. Next one I want to try is T&H Trafalgar.
Trafalgar is a real winner! You will love it!
Mikey

[short review of the Aspley, after a couple of trials]

Lather: dense, peak-y, stable, excellent.

In-Shave:
As good or better than the rest of their offerings (all of which I’ve tried).
Excellent protection, and (pre- and post-stroke) slickness.

Post-Shave:
Again. As good or better than the rest of their offerings.

Rinsability:
T&H really excels here.
(Creams such as Proraso, AoS, TOBS — all of which are very good — are prone to leaving residue, by comparison.)

Scent:
Complex, deeply woody, yet, bright and refreshing, and slightly peppery. Masculine. My favourite of their offerings, by a considerable margin. A tad cologne-y, but less so, compared to their other cologne-scented creams (1805, Sandalwood, etcetera). Sandalwood and 1805 are their best sellers, but I predict this new offering will move similarly well.

[short review of the Aspley, after a couple of trials]

Lather: dense, peak-y, stable, excellent.

In-Shave:
As good or better than the rest of their offerings (all of which I’ve tried).
Excellent protection, and (pre- and post-stroke) slickness.

Post-Shave:
Again. As good or better than the rest of their offerings.

Rinsability:
T&H really excels here.
(Creams such as Proraso, AoS, TOBS — all of which are very good — are prone to leaving residue, by comparison.)

Scent:
Complex, deeply woody, yet, bright and refreshing, and slightly peppery. Masculine. My favourite of their offerings, by a considerable margin. A tad cologne-y, but less so, compared to their other cologne-scented creams (1805, Sandalwood, etcetera). Sandalwood and 1805 are their best sellers, but I predict this new offering will move similarly well.
Glad to hear that. My Apsley will arrive on 2/28. Can't wait to try it.
Great review, by the way.

Mikey

I just did my first shave with T&H Apsley.
I can describe it it one word.... INCREDIBLE:a14::a14::a14:
1. Lather - very rich and creamy. a liitle goes a long way.
2. Scent - hard to describe but very airy & pleasant (need a little help here from those that tried it)
3. Slickness - excellent, razor just glides
4. Post Shave - rinses off easily, great feel on the skin, scent lingers
Gotta feeling that Apsley will become a top seller for T&H.
When I received the tub, I also received four sample creams to try. T&H must be Physic because the only scent I did not receive was Trafalgar, but I already have that one...how did they know? Spooky:001_07:
Hardware used:
1948 Gillette Aristocrat
New German Wilkie
Omega 6214 Silvertip
Lathered in a Captain's Choice bowl
Mikey

Top Bottom