What's new

Has anyone tried this.... what was your results ?

After quite a few lathers and having a couple of resuable sealable shaving bowls, has anyone ever try taking their leftover shaving lather and store it in a used shaving bowl for their next lather ?

If so, what were your results ? Is it worth it ?

Thought of this just now.

Yep, has led to bowl acquisition problems. Timeless plastic bowls are perfect for this. I wouldn't keep it too long, it becomes something like cotton candy. I use a spray bottle, don't know how else to re-wet without making a mess. It rehydrates fine as long as you treat it like building a new lather, you aren't going to just add water and expect magic. I am weird. :letterk1:

I put about 1 or 2 tablespoons of shave soap into my shaving cup.

I know exactly how much water to add to make lather.
It's 15 squirts from a spray bottle.

After the shave
I squeeze my shave brush back into my shaving cup.
I leave it open. I don't seal it.
I shave about 2 or 3 times per week.
If I shave more often, the soap doesn't dry out as much
and I might use only 13 or 14 squirts of water next time.

It takes forever to go through any amount of soap.

After quite a few lathers and having a couple of resuable sealable shaving bowls, has anyone ever try taking their leftover shaving lather and store it in a used shaving bowl for their next lather ?

If so, what were your results ? Is it worth it ?

Thought of this just now.

Yes, I've been saving excess lather in a covered mug for quite a while.

One morning, I started daydreaming while loading a puck of Williams in a mug and ended up with way too much lather. After I was finished my shave, I squeezed the extra lather out of my brush and back into the mug. This became a habit for close to 30 years.

Then, almost ten years ago, I discovered B&B and fell under the spell of the wretched cabal of scurrilous enablers here who brainwashed me into buying a zillion soaps! 😜

That's when my "lather remnant mug" really came to life. It still has a puck of Williams as a base, but now has the leftover lathers of more than a dozen other soaps and creams mixed into it, including Tabac, Vitos, PdP (both varieties) RR WTP (four varieties), RR SMdF, Proraso (three varieties), Omega, and Nivea (Regular and Sensitive creams).

So, if my regular lather ever breaks down, I just reload from the mug and get to enjoy the ultimate frankensoap! :thumbup:

Top Bottom