What's new

Has anyone tried this Derby cream?

I am thinking about trying this Derby Lemon cream. I like lemon scent creams. Has anyone tried it or any Derby cream? I would like to know what you think about it. This is what I am thinking about ordering:

Derby.jpg

Lathers as well as other inexpensive creams in a tube. The scent is more of a lemon candy rather than a real lemon scent.

I preferred it to their supposed ‘menthol’ one, which had the least cooling sensation of any menthol cream or soap I’ve tried - it doesn’t contain menthol basically!

Would I buy it again? Probably not, but that’s only because I prefer more real citrusy scents and have way too many tubes of Palmolive in my collection!

Lathers as well as other inexpensive creams in a tube. The scent is more of a lemon candy rather than a real lemon scent.

I preferred it to their supposed ‘menthol’ one, which had the least cooling sensation of any menthol cream or soap I’ve tried - it doesn’t contain menthol basically!

Would I buy it again? Probably not, but that’s only because I prefer more real citrusy scents and have way too many tubes of Palmolive in my collection!

Thanks for the response. I want to try this because I decided recently to start using soaps and creams that have a detergent in them. My sink drain clogs up rather quickly using soaps that are high in tallow fats. A detergent such as SLS seems to help.

I enjoyed it alot actually. It has an industrial lemon scent but I happen to enjoy that (all of my household cleaning products are lemon) because it smells clean to me. It's super easy to lather and can produce a thin slick or thick fluffy lather depending on what your preference is. You'll end up paying more for shipping then the cream itself so I typically would add a tube on to an order I was already placing. It acts a lot like Arko on your skin, it's very slick and really breaks down your hair getting it ready to be cut but it also likes water and can be a little harsh on the skin. If you can use arko or la Toja then you shouldn't have any issues skin wise.

I honestly really liked it. I'm a pretty simple guy, I like affordable but effective products and that's absolutely what this is. For a LONG time I only used derby lemon and proraso green, they mix very well also.

The lavender is supposed to be nice as well. The menthol I've always read is more of a scent then a feeling. The normal blue tube is supposed to be powdery and light. While you are at it check out the Gillette regular, gillette lime, and pg old spice tubes from India. Similar performance and price range, a little less harsh on sensitive skin.

If it wasn't for shipping costing more then the tubes I could easily have seen it being my primary product. Will it blow your mind? No. But it will give you great shaves for pennies on the dollar. Buy a tube and even if you don't LOVE it, it will serve a great place in your travel kit.

Great brushless alternative to foam/gel if you are in a rush. If you've got a lady in the house they may enjoy it for their needs also.

I enjoyed it alot actually. It has an industrial lemon scent but I happen to enjoy that (all of my household cleaning products are lemon) because it smells clean to me. It's super easy to lather and can produce a thin slick or thick fluffy lather depending on what your preference is. You'll end up paying more for shipping then the cream itself so I typically would add a tube on to an order I was already placing. It acts a lot like Arko on your skin, it's very slick and really breaks down your hair getting it ready to be cut but it also likes water and can be a little harsh on the skin. If you can use arko or la Toja then you shouldn't have any issues skin wise.

I honestly really liked it. I'm a pretty simple guy, I like affordable but effective products and that's absolutely what this is. For a LONG time I only used derby lemon and proraso green, they mix very well also.

The lavender is supposed to be nice as well. The menthol I've always read is more of a scent then a feeling. The normal blue tube is supposed to be powdery and light. While you are at it check out the Gillette regular, gillette lime, and pg old spice tubes from India. Similar performance and price range, a little less harsh on sensitive skin.

If it wasn't for shipping costing more then the tubes I could easily have seen it being my primary product. Will it blow your mind? No. But it will give you great shaves for pennies on the dollar. Buy a tube and even if you don't LOVE it, it will serve a great place in your travel kit.

Great brushless alternative to foam/gel if you are in a rush. If you've got a lady in the house they may enjoy it for their needs also.

I'm glad to hear you like it. I should have mine by Saturday. I have 2 reasons for choosing this product. First of all, like you, I to like the lemon scent on almost anything. Second it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS). That is a detergent. It may be what makes it feel harsh if you have sensitive skin.
This SLS will help prevent your sink from clogging up from all the soap fats we use. I just decided this week to only use soap products that contain SLS. My sink clogs up in less than 2 years and then I have to run a snake thru it for about 10 feet. I hope this solves the problem.

I'm glad to hear you like it. I should have mine by Saturday. I have 2 reasons for choosing this product. First of all, like you, I to like the lemon scent on almost anything. Second it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS). That is a detergent. It may be what makes it feel harsh if you have sensitive skin.
This SLS will help prevent your sink from clogging up from all the soap fats we use. I just decided this week to only use soap products that contain SLS. My sink clogs up in less than 2 years and then I have to run a snake thru it for about 10 feet. I hope this solves the problem.

Yes, I was reading the other thread about that clogging but I didn't have anything to contribute that wasn't already said. I had two sinks clog in less then 3 years each due to fatty soaps so I'm a believer. Also, (putting aside stigma about SLS) the main issue with it is damaging your hair... Who cares if you are always shaving that hair haha. In the past we've had some pretty similar thoughts on things Soni can see you liking the derby. Again, it won't blow your mind for any reason beyond how solid it performs for around $2 a tube and I'm just fine with that.

M

Member 113878

I only liked the lavender, and disliked the other Derby creams.

I haven't tried the lemon but I have tried Derby cream. I found it underwhelming overall. At its price point I wasn't expecting much and that's pretty much what I got. It's serviceable and I could make it work but nothing about it made me want to buy it again.

Well I finally got mine in and tried it today. It's a good average performing cream. I really like the lemon scent. For the price it's worth it

Yep. Smells like lemon pledge but it's a very pleasant scent. Derby creams are as good as any cream I've used. I love it so much that I stocked up on all four flavors. Very happy with it. Coincidentally, if you buy it in bulk, it's $2/tube. Unbeatable value.

Yep. Smells like lemon pledge but it's a very pleasant scent. Derby creams are as good as any cream I've used. I love it so much that I stocked up on all four flavors. Very happy with it. Coincidentally, if you buy it in bulk, it's $2/tube. Unbeatable value.

I will keep it in my shave den. Not many creams available with a lemon scent.

Top Bottom