What's new

Has anyone tried the Vie Long razor?

There are a couple of Viking Razors so it would help if you could post a picture or a link to the one you are talking about.

Sorry Vie-Long not Viking! I have the Vie-Long 10000R which is the rebranded Baili 131 three piece Gillette Tech clone. For me it is a very good shaver, just a bit more aggressive than the Gillette Techs I own. The razor head is light but the handle has a good weight to it. If someone asked me to recommend a cheap Gillette Tech clone this is the one I would suggest.

I bought a Vie-Long razor because the only country listed on the box was Spain so I thought it was made there. Seems this is not the case.
As to the razor itself, it is OK. As mentioned above, it's not a heavy razor. It worked well enough that it could be a daily use razor but I went back to using a Krona and a Fatboy instead.

At that price, go for it. Worst case scenario, if you don't like the head, then you will have a spare handle with common threads.

I tried my new Vie-Long 97R razor last week and I found it disappointing.
There is loss of plating at the inside of the top cover around the screw head and the safety bar is way to thick.
Despite using pre treatment I ended up with a sore neck.
The handle is nice.
The head is made in India not in Spain.
Has anybody here tried it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom