What's new

Has anyone tried the new Melitta Signature Series cones?

That new Melitta signature cone looks nice, though I could not find any pictures showing all angles.

Besides your grind, your pouring technique might be slowing you down. I find that when doing a large pour over it is better not to pause and keep pouring aggressively. If you pause too long or go too slowly the coffee will settle too much and slow down your pour.

You might also want to consider a Hario V60 #4 for a bigger change of pace.
...Edit I should have stated a Hario 02. I sometimes use mine with a folded Melitta #4 filter in order to fill my thermos bottle.

Last edited:
I think that the answer to the question in the title is going to be no. I emailed Melitta and they responded that they do not yet have distribution for this product. So I ordered a cone directly from Melitta and will report back when I've tried it.

I think that the answer to the question in the title is going to be no. I emailed Melitta and they responded that they do not yet have distribution for this product. So I ordered a cone directly from Melitta and will report back when I've tried it.

Let us know how many holes they are using in the porcelain cone. I could not find that out from their description. Melitta plastic drippers are single hole. All other porcelain drippers that take the Melitta filters are either 2 or 3 hole. My porcelain Japanese BeeHouse (takes Melitta #4 filters) is a 2 hole dripper.

The # of holes will determine how fine/coarse you need to grind your beans

BeeHouse is bottom right with 2 holes. It takes standard #4 Melitta paper filters.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've been delaying my response until I could take a picture, but I don't seem to be getting around to it, so here it is anyway:

The Melitta Signature Series cone that I ordered has been working well for me. It has only one hole in the bottom, but I'm getting much better flow than with my old ceramic cone.

I think that the problem with the old cone was not the hole size, but the paper sticking to the sides of the cone. The new cone does not seem to have this problem, even though the inside ridges look about the same. Even if the filter did stick, a number 4 filter sticks up enough so that I could easily pull it away from the sides if I wanted to. With my old cone, I would have to dig a fingernail under the filter to lift it away because the cone was larger than the filter.

I usually use the cone to make two cups into a carafe (one for me and one for the wife), but it works great, maybe better, for a single cup. I'm thinking about a number 6 plastic cone for when two cups aren't enough. I had an anciently old number 6 plastic cone, but got rid of it, thinking about BPA.

Top Bottom