What's new

Has anyone tried the B&M brush?

Just wondering. It’s a 22mm synthetic that they market as being a beginners brush but ideal for their soaps.

My daily user is a Parker silvertip which I believe is a 24mm. Just wondering what peoples opinions are and if it’s comparable to the razorock synthetics.

Shoot for $10 I’ll probably just grab one anyway.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Looks like a tuxedo knot — a very popular choice. For $10, it’s a no-brainer.

I think a synthetic is required for B&M soaps — especially the new Omnibus base. I get way more lather with much less loading when I use my synthetics with Leviathan. A quick 20 second load on the brush yields 3-4 passes of lather. Badgers will eat this Omnibus up quickly.

My Parker slivertip I recently transplanted was a 20mm knot with a 65mm loft. the hair tuft is 22mm above the glue and the long loft definitely makes it bloom out and feel like a 24mm knot but with a lot of flop. I've got a timberwolf and that is pretty close to the tux so I hear and my parker is over a decade old so it is pillow soft, the B&M should be soft in the tips like the parker but should have the backbone of a boar and should whip up lather synthetic fast. Pretty hard to go wrong at 10 bucks, just banish it to the dopp kit if you end up not liking it of pif it

Attachments

• CHST__78879.1450819601.jpg
    CHST__78879.1450819601.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 2
I agree that Omnibus should be used with a synthetic. Synthetics are always more efficient, but the performance difference with Omnibus specifically seems exacerbated for whatever the reason. Beyond that, if you only want one workhorse brush then synthetic is the obvious choice... especially when cost is taken into account.

I haven't used that particular brush, but Razorock and Barrister all get their knots from the same places in China so don't overthink it.

That, or any other synthetic from Razorock, Yaqi, TurnNshave or APshaveCo will work fine with Tuxedo and Timberwolves being good all arounders.

$10 chess brush from TurnNshave
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razorock Bruce

You could pick one at random and it will serve you well for a long time.

Top Bottom