What's new

Has anyone tried melting vegan speick

All the threads in the topic that I could find ins quick search were discussing the tallow version. Has anyone tried melting the vegan formula?

That wouldn't achieve my goal of making it fit nicely in an emptied speick deodorant twist up. If it doesn't melt I'd be far better off just drilling a hole in it for the threaded stick.

That wouldn't achieve my goal of making it fit nicely in an emptied speick deodorant twist up. If it doesn't melt I'd be far better off just drilling a hole in it for the threaded stick.

Yeah, that would be a better idea as melting will definitely ruin a hard milled soap.

All the threads in the topic that I could find ins quick search were discussing the tallow version. Has anyone tried melting the vegan formula?
Don't own Speick but found that some hard soaps are still malleable. Arko and Razorock What the Puck triple milled can be molded to fit a container (apothecary mug in my case). Is the same true of Speick or is it more like Williams or Mitchell's Wool Fat that are so rock hard they must be grated?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
According to GeoFatBoy, you can only melt a glycerin based shave soap. What Geo does, is he gets a puk, throws it into a shave bowl or shave mug, puts it in the microwave for I think he said 20-seconds. Again, you can only do it with glycerin based shave soaps. So, to find out, look at the ingredients list on the shave soap, if you see glycerin, your good to go!

Yeah I'm well aware of melting being super easy with glycerine soaps. I also don't have a stick of the vegan Speick on hand, hence why I was asking here. I have zero interest in grating it. I'll either drill it for the deodorant tube, or leave it and put it in a pill bottle.

I went with drilling it out to fit in the empty deo stick tube. Had to cut back the threads in the pusher to make the whole stick fit (and remove the insert in the cap), then shave down the outside of the stick a millimeter or so, and finally drill out the center for the pusher stick.

I think when I finish the next deo stick I'll grab the un-trimmed pusher so it doesn't have a tendency to slip on the threads, but it's still much nicer to use from now on. I've never liked the style of shave stick holder that Speick and La Toja both use.

Also, of course I saved the shavings and pressed them into a mug for my next shave or three, don't be silly!

According to GeoFatBoy, you can only melt a glycerin based shave soap. What Geo does, is he gets a puk, throws it into a shave bowl or shave mug, puts it in the microwave for I think he said 20-seconds. Again, you can only do it with glycerin based shave soaps. So, to find out, look at the ingredients list on the shave soap, if you see glycerin, your good to go!

Just to clarify, essentially every soap has glycerine in the ingredients, including the triple milled soaps which get ruined by trying to melt them.

The best soap stick container I've used is the Tabac container. This is a push-up container with no central screw. I refilled one of my Tabac stick containers with Haslinger soap and it is fantastic. I grated the Haslinger and pressed it into the empty Tabac container. It was easy to do and took just a few minutes.

If you don't want to grate, just slice up your soap into thin slices with a sharp knife. Spray the pieces with some warm water and they will merge together into a solid block when pressed.

Top Bottom