What's new

has anyone tried Bevel

I was just wondering has anyone tried the blades being, ,sold by Bevel, , if so would mind sharing your experience, ,or a review and maybe a comparison to other blades You ,,have used. ...

I apologize for not directly addressing the question since I have not used Bevel. The product was introduced a few months after I began wet shaving, so I'd already purchased a razor.

The product initially captured my interest as it was marketed at the time to the African-American community. I took exception because it failed to explain how this particular DE razor was uniquely suited to African-Americans over other razors. This, and the fact you had to sign up for some kind of service at the time screamed exploitation to me so I took a pass on it.

Last edited:
I apologize for not directly addressing the question since I have not used Bevel. The product was introduced a few months after I began wet shaving, so I'd already purchased a razor.

The product initially captured my interest as it was marketed at the time to the African-American community. I took exception because it failed to explain how this particular DE razor was uniquely suited to African-Americans over other razors. This, and the fact you had to sign up for some kind of service at the time screamed exploitation to me so I took a pass on it.
I was inquiring about their Blades, , I have no interest in their Razor ,, besides there are other, ,
threads on this forum that are dedicated tob Razors. .

Have not tried the blades or razors but I am sure you can find several blades that would fit your needs without signing up for their subscription.

What blades do you currently use?

The razor looks nice but it looks like that smooth handle would be slippery. I wish their marketing was a little more clear as I also thought they had something different and unique to offer African American shavers when in reality they were just offereing a traditional DE with a subscription service.

This thread just reminded me that a friend gave me 100 of their blades in exchange for introducing him to GSB, Feather, 7'oclock blacks and a few other brands. I'll load up with one and report back tomorrow.

Have not tried the blades or razors but I am sure you can find several blades that would fit your needs without signing up for their subscription.

What blades do you currently use?
for some reason the question is being misunderstood, , first off I am just, ,
gathering information on a Blade, based on the experience of people,
here who have used the blade and have formed an opinion and are, ,
willing to share it,,, I'm Always interested in blades from a pure informational, ,
standpoint, , I'm kinda strange that way,, BTW I have ample supply of the blades that,,
enjoy using,, I rotate between eleven different brands that I just love to death,,
with Polsilver SI leading the pack closely followed by GSB and the ,,
7o'clock Ninja and on down the line.. And if I were so inclined to try the Bevel blades, ,
( which I doubt I will ) I wouldn't have to join or subscribe to anything,, I would just, ,
walk up to My local TARGET and pickup a few,,

Today's shave:
'34 Aristocrat
Bevel blade
Mr. Fine's American Blend soap
Parker brush in pure badger
CW splash/alum bloc
Gillette AS Lotion
Gillette Coolwave AS

I decided to try this blade after seeing this thread yesterday. I came across 100 of these blades, when I introduced a coworker to some other brands when he was first getting into wet shaving through bevel.

I normally us GSB, Israeli Personna, 7oclock blacks, 7oclock green ss, Astra SP, Feather and a few others. (These blades have no markings at all, so it's hard to even begin trying to figure out who manu's these for Bevel; that is unless they have a plant themselves.)
My prep is always the same as I shave right out of the shower in the mornings. So I really don't have any idea how this would do for guys that shave without showering first.

First pass went smooth enough as any other blade, that is until I hit the goatee area of my chin. Even with my pores being opened by the shower, there was still a little tugging taking place. Post 1st pass I could feel a little tingle on my neck area.

Second pass went a little smoother on the face, since the goatee area had already been sheared and tugged off. Then we got to my neck area. On the 1st pass I always go WG in regards to my neck and AG on the 2nd pass. Going AG on this pass made me want to get rid of the blade 1/2 way and replace, but I wanted to see how all of my neck would feel.

Post shave with cold water splashing and alum, my face was fine but the neck felt like it was on fire. The lotion calmed things down a little, but could def tell there would be irritation all day. I will assume for guys that shave without showering, their prep has to be superb if they want to avoid the tugging and scraping that my chin and neck areas went through.

Now I know blades are highly subjective and YMMV and all that, but I will not be using these for anything other than backups if I run out of both blades and money to buy blades😉

I hope this can be a help to you.

Best regards,
Coak

Thanks Coak for the good and very informative, ,review, , and thanks to all the other members who posted, ,their replies. ..

Top Bottom