What's new

Has anyone tried Asylum Levante Soap?

I spotted a vendor selling a new triple milled soap from Asylum called Levante. Has anyone tried this soap and have any opinions on it?

1647624171732.png

1647624204444.png

I have yet to try it myself but also share your curiosity. From what I've gathered from other sources and reviews elsewhere it seems to be thought of as a pretty good hard soap. Given the encouraging reviews that I've seen of it, I will most likely be purchasing it to try myself.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve tried it, it’s a sound mid-range soap at a sound price, and the scent is exceptional, an old-school fougere with a brighter note than most fougeres. It’s a hard milled soap.

It isn’t in the same performance class as his Asylum Shave Works SV Colonia or Flying Mango beta 4.3, both discontinued and both twice the price or more of Levante. It has shea butter and the post shave is good. It makes a lather similar to MWF in that it’s kind of ‘stringy’, wetter lather can almost drip off the brush, but hold together, probably from the shea butter. Residual slickness is average, if you’re buffing you might want to run wet fingers across your skin first.

You won’t be disappointed, but probably will not be selling off the high end soaps either. This opinion is from a SR user, and DE users might find it better based on the lather characteristics.

Just purchased this soap and it smells very nice. Looking for an aftershave to complement it though if anyone has any recommendations.

Top Bottom