What's new

Has anyone tried arran sense of Scotland shave soap?

The container does look cool but you are not missing anything with the soap. I've just finished a puck and it was not too much fun trying to get a lather each shave I stuck with it as I've decided to use a soap cream until it's finished.

Happy to report that Arran now has a soap that performs as well as their container looks! They now use the same formula as the new Truefitt & Hill Apsley and the new Floris pucks. Just had an excellent shave with an Arran Machrie puck this morning.

Happy to report that Arran now has a soap that performs as well as their container looks! They now use the same formula as the new Truefitt & Hill Apsley and the new Floris pucks. Just had an excellent shave with an Arran Machrie puck this morning.

Interesting, sounds like T&H must have reformulated again what would be wonderful since their older soap base is considered terrible by vast majority of users. Floris was another classic that got messed up over the years and broke many people's trust in the classic brands.

Interesting, sounds like T&H must have reformulated again what would be wonderful since their older soap base is considered terrible by vast majority of users. Floris was another classic that got messed up over the years and broke many people's trust in the classic brands.
I believe it's only Apsley that has been reformulated (happened a couple of years ago). T&H Apsley, Floris and Arran all use the following base ingredients:

Potassium Palmate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmate, Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Panthenol, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool.

I believe it's only Apsley that has been reformulated (happened a couple of years ago). T&H Apsley, Floris and Arran all use the following base ingredients:

Potassium Palmate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmate, Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Panthenol, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool.

Ahh ok thanks for clarifying. I figures that was the case since you mentioned that soap in particular. It is weird they have a different formula for that scent rather than using the same soap base for all of their soaps, but it's a step in the right direction.

Was anyone able to reuse their nice-looking shaving soap bowl with a refill other than the Arran soap? What would fit inside?
I have found that heating a puck of soap or if it's kinda soft to just press into the bowl. Try the microwave in short 5-10 second bursts. Or in a plastic bag in a pot of hot water.

Judging from the ingredients list price is outrageous for the soap that is based on cheap palm oil products. They even remove shea butter from the list which was present in earlier formulations. Bascially, not that much different from regular hand soap ingredients wise.
I guess you are paying for the cool looking rock like container and scent component. For this money or less there are much much better soaps out there.

Top Bottom