What's new

Has anyone tried Apollo No.10 blades? What do you think?

full

...and why are the blades blue? Iv had black carbon steel blades before but these are blue!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously! What are these!? I saw them online called "New Old Stock" Does that mean they are as old as they look? I guess it does eh? They were made decades ago and havent all sold yet. Hmmm.....

I had some Apollo 10s that came in a sample pack I bought from a member. Still in wrapper. Look slightly different than those. Hated them. Don't remember why specifically. Do think it's the worst blade I've tried. You should try it so I won't feel like the only person that has.

The company still exists but those blades are several decades old, probably at least 50 years. The logo is used now by Timor blades.

Since they are carbon steel the edge can have lost sharpness but you could try a glass hone to restore that.

Digging out an old thread, but if anybody is still interested. I bought some of these recently and despite the age of approx. 40 to 50 years they are among the best blades I ever tried. They fit perfectly into my FATIP piccolo and give very good shaves. You have to be careful and lubricate them to prevent rust. They are easy to strop with an Allegro Mod L to get some more wonderful shaves out of them, the times you can use them is a little above average, around 7 times before stropping on the average I use my blades 4 to 6 times.

It occurs to me that old razor blade packaging is much like 'old' vinyl record sleeves. Used to be some cool art on those old tuck boxes, this being a particularly nice example. When the record industry transitioned to CDs I sure missed the eye catching graphics and artwork on those larger album sleeves.

I'm not a collector, per se, but vintage stuff like this deserves to be admired, not relegated to the trash bin.

Top Bottom