What's new

Has anyone tried a Lupo.95 and a Wolfman WR2 1.25sb?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried both these razors and how they would compare.I've got my name down for a Wolfman but just can't decide on the blade gap.I find the blade feel of the Lupo very comfortable and was hoping to get a Wolfman that feels as smooth for me.From the research i've done i'm thinking of the WR2 1.25sb.Any feedback or comments would be much appreciated because at this moment in time i haven't got a clue.I was also thinking a WR1 .74 might be the way to go but i know nothing about Wolfman razors so i'm guessing again.Any thoughts gents?

From the research i've done i'm thinking of the WR2 1.25sb. Any feedback or comments would be much appreciated because at this moment in time i haven't got a clue.
:laugh: I know exactly where you're coming from.

I have both the WR2-SB 1.25 and the Lupo 95. Although they are obviously different razors, and shave differently... they are currently my "equal second favorite" razors (number one being my beloved 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech). (Like most folk here, I have too many razors. :001_rolle)

Of course, what you're shaving and how you're shaving always makes a big difference when it comes to razor preference. I have coarse, thick, and fast growing whiskers, and average skin... my face is on the bony side and has plenty of nooks and crannies.

I'm a steep angle shaver (guard rider).

I dunno if that's any help at all, but I hope so. Good luck on your quest. :cornut:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I was just wondering if anyone has tried both these razors and how they would compare.I've got my name down for a Wolfman but just can't decide on the blade gap.I find the blade feel of the Lupo very comfortable and was hoping to get a Wolfman that feels as smooth for me.From the research i've done i'm thinking of the WR2 1.25sb.Any feedback or comments would be much appreciated because at this moment in time i haven't got a clue.I was also thinking a WR1 .74 might be the way to go but i know nothing about Wolfman razors so i'm guessing again.Any thoughts gents?

I've tried both. They will shave similarly...with the aggressiveness nod going to the WR2 1.25. I wasn't comfortable with the increase in aggressiveness on a 1.25 and decided to get a 1.15. But I can't tell if you would be comfortable with it or not. When I bought my WR2, my overall hope/goal was to get a razor that shaved closer than my Lupo razors, but had the same carefree feel and ease of use as my Lupo razors. For me, the answer was the Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.15.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’ve had all the Lupos. The only one I still possess is the 95. Decent razor. But the Wolfman razors are in a completely different league. Much smoother, and more efficient. I have WR2 in 1.15 and 1.25. (And 1.55, but that’s another story.) They both provide better results than the Lupo 95. But I’ve said it before, if I had never tried a Wolfman or Charcoal Goods razor, the Lupo 95 would be in my top tier rotation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB and the Lupo .95.

The Lupo .95 is a good value for the money, but the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB is the better razor.

Of course, what you're shaving and how you're shaving always makes a big difference when it comes to razor preference.
+1 to @Cal 's comments. :)

That’s an interesting question you raised.

I'm asking me the very same question due to the very same reason (being on the list, too...). This being said I'm still in the VERY early honeymoon phase with the Lupo .95. But I already enjoy the level of efficiency and smoothness which the Lupo .95 offers.

Like you, I already have read quite a bunch of statements/opinions/ findings here and on other forums wrt to the blade gaps and AS OF YET 😀 I've narrowed the blade gap of choice for my first Wolfman down to either WR 2 1.15 or 1.25.

I, myself, am looking for an efficient razor predominantly for daily use (maybe 2 passes max plus touch-ups). I assume I easily could opt for a higher blade gap - I basically don't have issues with blade feel, but if possible I don't want to have to skip shaving the next day (assuming that a higher blade gap correlates with a plus in efficiency). But this is just me. And my approach as per today.

Maybe I have just to accept to skip a shave every now and then as long as the former shave was fine.

*Sigh* And maybe we are just damned to have to make our own first hand experience based on a real life shaves with one or even more than just one WR2 plate, before we know which plate is "the one" or " the ones" for our different use cases (daily driver / "every other day" razor and the like).

Following this thread with interest though.

Last edited:
I love the Lupo .95 and the Wolf WR2 1.15. I have the WR2 1.25 and it works great on more than one days growth (and I have a thick, heavy beard), but is too aggressive for one days growth for me. I asked the forum to recommend after saying I love the Timeless SB .95 as a daily shaver, and was told by many to get the WR2 1.25. The 1.25 is too aggressive for me as a daily user. I then got the WR2 1.05 which is too mild and useless for me on one days growth. The WR2 1.15 turned out to be the perfect spot for me.

I saw there was a Wolfman WR2 1.55 SB with WR7 handle posted for sale on eBay recently > think it’s worth a purchase ? I’m considering the 1.55mm gap as I shave once every 2-3 days as my routine

Reactions: Kix
I saw your post SOTD over here...

Congrats on your Wolfman 😀

Now if you had to answer your own question here, what would your answer be?

PS: C U on Wolfman Wednesday 😀

Reactions: Kix

Great question. I am curious, as well.

Thanks!Well from my limited use of the Wolfman i'd say it's a little bit smoother with quite a bit more efficiency.(less pickups with problem spots gone in a few strokes).I'll have to use my Lupo again soon to compare the shaves i'm still learning the angles on the Wolfman so it's difficult to judge.The Lupo i can drag around my face i can't do that with the Wolfman i'm well aware that it might bite me.No cuts up to now but it's early days ha.I'll report back when i've had a few more shaves and see you on Wolfman Wednesday whoohoo!
😜

Top Bottom