What's new

Has anyone heard about an LE pipe for this year?

I had a thought that I don't know is possible, but I think you guys are the ones to stir the pot...

Many of us, myself included, can not justify $200+ for the fancy annual pipe, however we do want to be part of the gang (I do, I'm assuming I'm not alone!). Is it possible to have some 'blendmaster', small shop, etc. create an annual blend? I'm assuming it would come at a pricepoint that is somewhat reasonable, and would perhaps generate a relationship with a shop that supports our lovely community as we support them - a sponsorship of sorts. Theoretically, it should be possible. There are plenty of shops that create their own blends!

And don't forget all the fun we could have! Discussions around our impressions of the new blend, how the blends have aged, how we all wish we had more of the xxxx year blend that was oh so luscious!

I digress...

I had a thought that I don't know is possible, but I think you guys are the ones to stir the pot...

Many of us, myself included, can not justify $200+ for the fancy annual pipe, however we do want to be part of the gang (I do, I'm assuming I'm not alone!). Is it possible to have some 'blendmaster', small shop, etc. create an annual blend? I'm assuming it would come at a pricepoint that is somewhat reasonable, and would perhaps generate a relationship with a shop that supports our lovely community as we support them - a sponsorship of sorts. Theoretically, it should be possible. There are plenty of shops that create their own blends!

And don't forget all the fun we could have! Discussions around our impressions of the new blend, how the blends have aged, how we all wish we had more of the xxxx year blend that was oh so luscious!

I digress...

The new FDA regulations are going to make that an impossibility.

The new FDA regulations are going to make that an impossibility.

Not to really dive into the topic here, but I believe a pipe would have similar barriers...
"FDA now regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of pipe tobacco. This includes components and parts such as pipes, but excludes accessories such as lighters."

Not to really dive into the topic here, but I believe a pipe would have similar barriers...
"FDA now regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of pipe tobacco. This includes components and parts such as pipes, but excludes accessories such as lighters."

The new regulations are discussed in some detail here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...on-of-Pipe-Tobacco-and-some-Cigars-is-upon-us

Now, I'm going back to digging change out from my sofa cushions.

I think it's going to be nigh impossible to try and crack down on artisan pipe makers. There's way too many for the government to track, a whole bunch of which are out of the country anyway.

I think it's going to be nigh impossible to try and crack down on artisan pipe makers. There's way too many for the government to track, a whole bunch of which are out of the country anyway.

I'm going with this. Plus we've always had better luck here with hardware rather than software

Top Bottom