What's new

Has anyone had any dealing with rigur straight razors

Could it be Rigarazor? If it is they are pretty good if you like huge near wedge razors.

+1. I had a 8/8 Rigarazor and really enjoyed it. It was quarter hollow and reminded me of Sheffield steel. Very comfortable smooth shaves. It was just a little two big for me. I have been tempted to purchase their 7/8 version. In case anyone is interested in purchasing one, the 8/8 blade was true to size and measured exactly 8/8 from top/back of spine to edge.

Rigarazor are top quality for a very fair price .Considering how much work goes into make one .His attention to detail is amazing . They come shave ready .My 8/8 shaves like one of my Vintage Sheffield Blades.My was made from Tungsten Steel .

9FF43C61-8F58-4BB4-B528-50F8AFB2B43A.jpeg
9FF43C61-8F58-4BB4-B528-50F8AFB2B43A.jpeg
A75C68B6-5887-4B37-AB31-DE0E66E68AEC.jpeg
3E2BC6EA-6360-4C61-8CF1-9DA0C15AB718.jpeg
I purchased an 8/8 in tungsten, square tip with buffalo scale a month ago ! Absolutely awesome! Quality of build is astonishing in every aspect ! Shaves are sublime , so much so I haven’t used any other razor since it arrived!
Today I spoke with Andrejs (Sergejs on holiday) and bagged a 6/8 tungsten with rams horn scales!
I can’t recommend Rigarazors highly enough, superb , sublime razors . Nice to deal with aswell!

Could it be Rigarazor? If it is they are pretty good if you like huge near wedge razors.
Hi Polarbeard , my 8/8 has a good hollow to it ! Perhaps 1/4 hollow or possibly more! But no where near a full wedge !
Edge is very small , very uniform and passed all HHT with flying colours out of the box!

Hi Polarbeard , my 8/8 has a good hollow to it ! Perhaps 1/4 hollow or possibly more! But no where near a full wedge !
Edge is very small , very uniform and passed all HHT with flying colours out of the box!
To me 1/4 hollow is another way of saying near wedge, then again that's only my personal definition.

Just to confirm! No where near a wedge , not even close !
I’ve had full wedges and Riga (in my humble opinion ) are in between a quarter and a half !
Rigarazors produce alsorts of formats from 6/8 slim Jim’s upto 10/8 choppers - all fabulous razors!
To label the company as only producing “huge wedges” is far far from the truth !
Rigarazors are some of the very best razors on the market today !

Ambersnake has said it all. I have had my 9/8 Sheffield 1/4 hollow Rigarazor in black horn with brass dome hardware for over a year now and it remains my favorite razor. It is also a tungsten steel and keeps a magnificent edge. Sergej is a world class bladesmith and I am completely satisfied that I own one of his best.

Would love to try one of his razors. He has a good reputation. I wish he was making full hollow razors.

To me 1/4 hollow is another way of saying near wedge, then again that's only my personal definition.
Yeah, depends on what chart you go by. And the makers were pretty inconsistent with their use of the terms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom