What's new

Has anyone found a clone of Queen Charlotte Soaps Basilica?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I just asked about a GIT soap since QCS left the business, and I realized since I have never used any Creed products, I was looking for a clone of QCS's version of it, which I loved.

So now, I'm trying to find a fall/winter soap for me that closely matches the old QCS Basilica, which I dearly loved. Man it's a bummer they left the business. :( Anyway, I don't think it was a huge seller and people are of two minds on it, I think, they either love it to death or want nothing to do with it, so there may not be a lot of shavers here who have a bunch of experience with it.

There's some Catholic shaving product outfit someone posted about recently, but I don't think there have been any reviews of any of theri stuff yet. Maybe I should step up to the plate and do a review, but I thought I'd check to see if any QCS fans found a Basilica replacement first.

John

Edit: OK, I'm gonna give it a go, I think. I'm not a soap expert, though, and since it is an unknown company here, can one of you soap gurus guess whether this recipe is likely to perform well? If you think so, I'm going to order their F&M and review it. But I want to know how promising their recipe looks, and I'm no chemist, for sure.

Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Stearic Acid, Organic Shea Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Water From Lourdes, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Essential Oils,Titanium Dioxide

With shipping, this will be $25, which is why I want a guesstimate if this looks like a good recipe. Thanks!

Last edited:
QCS is good stuff. I still have some I'm working through my rotation. I know Matthew was is college when they had the business...Too bad they moved on to other things.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Thank you ak1m. I have stumbled upon Stirling, but they only have a sample in stock. I'm waiting to see if they do the F&M seasonally. I like their soaps, and suspect they would be a good replacement. So sad when QC left the biz.

Thank you ak1m. I have stumbled upon Stirling, but they only have a sample in stock. I'm waiting to see if they do the F&M seasonally. I like their soaps, and suspect they would be a good replacement. So sad when QC left the biz.

Indeed, they were one of the soaps (along with JM Fraser) that I was saving up to try as a teen but never got around to after ordering a 12-pack of Arko :lol: Ordered a few Stirling samples a month ago and have been really enjoying them (aside from Ozark Mountain; too pledge-y), and just put in an order for two whole tubs with them. Hope you can get some momentum behind a F&M scent with them next Black Friday!

Mama Bear has a nice F&M scent if you are ok with a melt and pour soap base. Her soaps actually lather well and shave fine. A lot cheaper than most soaps these days, too.

Top Bottom