What's new

Has anyone else found that shaving cream works better if you don't work it till it's fluffy?

Fluffy lather works when you add a little more water after it gets fluffy. Then you get slickness. With some soaps/creams, it may dry fast so you need to regularly add a little more water or use a lot more water to compensate. Fluffy can be sticky and not slick.

There are so many factors at play here, like the type of cream, water content, bowl vs face lathering, and personal preference.

I used to spend time whipping up fluffy lather in a bowl, but now I mostly just squeeze some cream onto a synthetic brush and face lather. It's quick and simple and works for me. I can always add more water or spend more time lathering if I need more volume.

Don’t add water and then “whip” vigorously. That creates bubbles. Add water and gently stir with just the tips until you can see the water has been incorporated smoothly, without bubbles or foam. Then you can splay your brush and whip the hell out of it. Make sure every time you add water to incorporate it before whipping it.
Perfect lather every time.
I tend to agree with this. Too much water or agitation too soon, and I'll get fluffy lather with too much air. It stays much slicker if I don't splay much during loading until after It has plenty of water incorporated properly.

Top Bottom