What's new

Has anyone compared Col. Conk, Ogallala, Captain's Choice, and Stirling Bay Rum Scents?

Help me choose which Bay Rum soap to try first. 4 Manfuctures and 10 choices. 1 vote person.

• Captain's Choice Bay Rum

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Stirling Soap Co. Bay Rum

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Col. Conk Bay Rum

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Ogallala Bay Rum

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Ogallala Bay Rum & Vannilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood

• Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Ogallala Bay Rum and Sweet Orange

• Ogallala Bay Rum and Lemongrass

• Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage and Cedar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would also agree that scent is a personal preference as well. I have only tried 2 Bay Rum soaps but only 1 is on your list. I have tried Mystic Waters and Stirling and can tell you, "MY", personal preference is Stirling hands down. Not just for the scent though, the performance is outstanding and one of the best bang for your buck brands you can buy!! Mystic Waters on the other hand, I tried Bay Rum, Windjammer, and Barbershop and can attest that not only are the scents very minimal but the performance was horrible. I tried for over a week with all 3 to get a decent lather and never accomplished it once!! Stirling on the other hand, I can whip up a lather in less than 3 minutes that you could do a 6 pass shave with...

As to the scent of Stirling's Bay Rum, I don't personally find it that clovey a scent at all. In fact, I find the nutmeg to stand out more. I think that Stirling is the only artisan that uses nutmeg in their Bay Rum formula and that is what throws everyone off. I find it very tropical and one of my favorite soaps in my den that gets used at least once a week if not twice.

Top Bottom