What's new

Has anybody gone a year without nicking themselves?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never. I am not that good even after all these years shaving. Always draw blood sometime.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've gone on incredibly long stretches without nicking myself. I couldn't tell you if I've gone a year or not, but I've definitely gone months on end back when I was shaving daily.

Yes, I think so. I never measure the time between nicks. I know that I have had a weeper exactly once in my long life. Fatboy, GSB, a variety of soaps and creams.

It seems possible, but I would have to stop trying new things like blades and razors... just this week from out of nowhereI tapped my GC 84 on my cheek taking a nice chunk out. Then the next shave I tried a 7 O’clock yellow and it was the equivalent of dragging a garden rake over my face. It’s a sharp blade and left some weepers but not smooth feeling to me... it also broke my theory about blade coatings providing a consistent feel.

I haven't nicked myself in years. But it's not the razor or the blade, it's all in your technique. In the pass when I nicked myself it was because I was in a rush and not paying attention.

Nicks? not so much, but small spot razor burn? Ya, that comes about occasionally when I'm going back into my catalog of razors with more blade exposure. And interestingly it's usually the right-hand side of my chin up on the flat and below the lips where the beard starts up again. My weak point I know. Usually, it's no problem with my daily rotation razors. But an R41 or an Icon open comb? Oy!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I do a full face two-pass shave daily with a SR. Would nick myself about once ever month or two, mainly from letting my concentration wander.

I'm a slow learner, but I do eventually learn.

The last "good" one was with a Mach 3, trying to get those elusive under-nose hairs. I got used to cartridges being forgiving, and no longer respected the blade... and paid the price.

The worst I've had so far with the Rockwell was a near miss on my chin, due to operator error.

Nothing significant yet this year.

Top Bottom