What's new

Hart Steel owners

If these things shave half as good as they look...

Owners have any comments they'd like to share? Good/bad/boastful...

They remind me of those GE refrigerators from the 1930's. They don't look fancy, but they are built to last and perform.

The Hart is a no frills shaver. It's a utilitarian tool designed to do one thing, and it does it well. I own some of the most well regarded razors out there, and the Hart is one of my top shavers. Compared to the cost of the others, its a bargain. I highly doubt you will be anything less than amazed by how effective they are

I guess I am alone here - I think Harts are dead sexy. Simple elegance. I don't own one, yet.

I'm probably the lone detractor here. They do nothing for me. I would own one if I got a killer deal but I think they're expensive for what they are. For not much more money you can have a custom Brian Brown that is not only phenomenally excellent, but also unique. If they were $100 cheaper, I would have one for sure, but almost 3 bills for plain jane is hard for me to swallow.

I'm probably the lone detractor here. They do nothing for me. I would own one if I got a killer deal but I think they're expensive for what they are. For not much more money you can have a custom Brian Brown that is not only phenomenally excellent, but also unique. If they were $100 cheaper, I would have one for sure, but almost 3 bills for plain jane is hard for me to swallow.

But if I understand correctly, you don't own own. You're making a comment based solely on aesthetic preferences and price, both of which are personal factors

+1

I'd like to have one. But then again, I don't have any razor above like $80. Will be a long time before I do. What I have works. And, if I got a Hart, there'd be many other custom razors I'd "have to have", too. So...just avoiding that slope.

Im with you, buddy!

Especially a first - boring blade in plastic sales seemed like it was priced wrong. Now you have some more options it appeals a little more, but at that price point there are so, so many more blades I would buy. (like a TI Silverwing, for example)

But if I understand correctly, you don't own own. You're making a comment based solely on aesthetic preferences and price, both of which are personal factors

Right, and I believe that it has merit. I have razors all over the map regarding cost, features, aesthetics... I can get a fantastic shave with all of them - the Gold dollars, the Brian Brown, the TI's the Le Grelot, the Engels... Doesn't matter. I have no doubt that a Hart Steel will also give me the same shave. I've been straight shaving for a very long time - the razor, for the most part, comes down to looks and cost for me. So, if I have $300 to spend, a Hart isn't in the running... Not a good spend for that cash when I can add a few more dollars and get something that excites me to use when I see it.

I'm sure they are great, but I'm not paying $300 for a plain jane razor just because Tim Zowada consulted on the company startup.

For me "the shave" has little to do with it because they all do what they were designed to do.

I have a 6/8 Polished Square tip BG and i have a matching custom knife made by BG. It makes a nice set.
$DN1.66160425_std.jpg

I'll tell you what. If someone sends me one, I'll try it out and let you know what I think... :lol:
Now that is what I'm talking about. I don't own one, I am sure they are fantastic razors/shavers-like has been said a bit pricey for what it is. I would not turn one down if it were give to me.

I have two Harts, love them both. I Agree they are a bit finicky to hone, but they do keep a wicked edge!
Durable?....well, my larger 7/8 took a suicide plunge the otherday onto our tile bathroom floor. After restarting my heart, i didnt even notice a scratch from the 4-foot fall. It didn't land edge down, but it did do a double bounce on the tile. Thankfully i didn't grab for it, and barly got my foot out of the way. Needless to say I am relieved and very impressed with the quality.
Two thumbs up for Hart!

Top Bottom