What's new

Harry's Shave Gel

Anybody have any experiences with it that they'd like to share? I just discovered it.
I hate canned shave creams and gels. They aren't slick and it hurts to shave with them. I've tried Nivea, Gillette, Shick, etc, but they all suck. But Harry's shave gel is a different story. It leaves residual slickness after each pass, leaves my skin feeling moisturized, and most importantly I don't really feel the blade at all. It's the next best thing to using a soap and brush. I'm not going to use it as my go to, but it's great for when I'm in a hurry or traveling.

I found the shave gel to be the most surprising part of the free sample that Harry’s sends ($3 s&H). Far better than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have any experiences with it that they'd like to share? I just discovered it.
I hate canned shave creams and gels. They aren't slick and it hurts to shave with them. I've tried Nivea, Gillette, Shick, etc, but they all suck. But Harry's shave gel is a different story. It leaves residual slickness after each pass, leaves my skin feeling moisturized, and most importantly I don't really feel the blade at all. It's the next best thing to using a soap and brush. I'm not going to use it as my go to, but it's great for when I'm in a hurry or traveling.
If they suck, why keep trying? Try a brushless cream instead.

Just tried this gel for the first time this week. It's really pretty good and gave me great shaves, It's not my favorite, but I'd certainly use it again.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Harry's canned gel is better than canned foam as far as slickness, but I really don't like the smell after the smell. Like a taste and and aftertaste the smell has a sour "aftersmell" for me that I don't like.

If they suck, why keep trying? Try a brushless cream instead.

I would agree. If using a cart, I generally don't need anything but some slickness and the shave butters, ala Dr Carver, Billy Jealousy, Cremo, are excellent in slickness. If using Cremo just go lightly and add plenty of water to the face. The Schick brushless is good too, but a bit harder to rinse off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom