What's new

Harry's safety blades?

As you may guess from other posts, I was a long-time user of Harry's products before moving to the world of what you might call "true" wet shaving. Given that consistent quality of Harry's products, I'd LOVE to see them start making safety razor products.

Considering that their cartridge razors are the best one ever used, I can only imagine that their DE blades would be similarly excellent.

Thoughts? I emailed them some time back, & got a vague reply that they were looking in the direction of traditional wet shaving products. Do any of you have information beyond that?

Thx,
-Z

Harry's cartridge blades are produced by the company that they bought in Germany. The company is Feintechnik.Feintechnik produces DE blades under the brand name Croma Diamant for the world market. They are available at Maggards in the USA. I have tried them, and they are a mid-tier blade with a Chrome Teflon coating. It is highly unlikely that Harry's will change their business model and start selling a DE razor, since they are totally invested in the cartridge razor business. I own many Harry's handles and still use them when I need a lightning (2-3 minutes) fast shave in the shower.

I'm pretty sure Feintechnik made other brands of DE blades, but it's been a few years since Harry's bought them. Not sure about current production. I've never tried a Harry's razor.

Harry's cartridges are 5 blades and are similar to the Gillette Fusion 5 blade cartridges. Both are pivoting heads. I have tried nearly all of the 5 bladed cartridges from around the world, and IMHO Gillette is the best of the bunch. Harry's is better than most of the others, but still way below Gillette. I like the Harry's handles better than Gillette, and I love the Harry's Face Wash (Peppermint with exfoliating scrubbing particles).

Top Bottom