What's new

Harris's Arlington

I have the Arlington AS and love it. Perfect when minimal scent projection is needed. My pew mates at Church aren't big on Bay Run!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Harris creams are good stuff. I like Marlborough too, seems to be a light, non-sweet sandalwood like AoS but much more delicate and refined.

For ages, I have been using Taylor's Grapefruit, which is very affordable and quite good, but there are loads of creams and potions I haven't tried, including Marlborough and Bay Rum. I don't use aftershaves, I use Eau de Toilette and always a Dior brew. I like creams to be citrussy, but I am broad-minded!

Thank you for reminding me of my Arlington gathering dust! Brought it out today for a very fine shave followed by the same balm. Super!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is certainly a top-class one. A lot of them are rather boring and some have zero appeal to me, like Rose & Violet. I think the top came off a tub of Rose in my suitcase which was full of pink mess! I invariably return to a citrussy cream, but I am going to experiment with some quirky ones, such as Trumper's Spanish Leather.

D.R. Harris creams have always been very reliable, ime.
I also really like their Windsor scent.

And they really need to make a No.14 shaving cream and a/s!

DRH Arlington is a classic fruity cream! Great stuff!
Add on the aftershave and cologne!
Or shave bowl, stick, shower gel, deo, more!

2191F397-A2FA-4F2F-8DAF-088E6B9C428C.jpeg

Dear gents,
I am a fan of DR Harris shaving cream.
How do you compare DR Harris with Trumpers, XPEC, Castle Forbes, and T&H?
Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Dear gents,

T&H, GFT, DRH, TOBS, AoS, all used to be made by Creightons. But the last three are no longer made by said manufacturer.

That said, all of these creams perform similarly (very well).
There are a lot of great scents to choose from: Apsley, Windsor, Eucris, Spanish Leather, AoS Sandalwood, TOBS Coconut, St. James, Mr. Taylor's, Jermyn Street, etcetera.

Xpec and CF are considerably firmer (ala “croap”), vs the above-mentioned soft creams, ime.
(My preferred “croap,” is S.M. Novella, personally.)

Dear gents,
I am working my way through them methodically. There are a lot, so it will take a while.

Top Bottom