What's new

Happy Wife, Happy Life

For the past 7 or 8 years I have had a beard due to not wanting to pay the money for cartridges because of the cost/irritation that came along with it. My wife has been harping on me lately because I looked like a hobo. I told her I didn't want to shave so we compromised and I no longer have a beard. Started out with a Parker 99R, a babybliss pro badger brush (got rid of it because was horrible) and a tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor's cream which I love the scent of. Started shaving about six weeks ago and shave about every other day if I have time. The other day I found an unused schick cart razor and gave it a whirl and made me remember why I stopped using them. Even with my poor beginner technique I get a way better shave out of my DE razors with less irritation. Anyway, I now have aftershave acquisition disorder and an empty wallet. Hopefully I can reign it in before I get yelled at.

"So we compromised":a17:

If you can, get her involved. Ask her about soap/aftershave scents. Might help keep the beatings to a minimum :a13:
And Welcome!

Hobo: a term I haven't heard in a long time. As you can see from my signature line, my late mother would agree with your wife.

Welcome to B&B! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away! The Shave Wiki is a also fantastic resource.

Amazing how compromise works in marriages isn't it? Probably why the acronym SWMBO became popular... I took my wife to Maggard's when I visited. There was a lot of eye rolling and laughing at my expense, but she did help me with scents and that seemed to get her more involved with it. She still hasn't asked me how much money I'm spending on this new hobby... Here's hoping it stays that way!

Welcome!
I'm a noob too. Swmbo says my skin/face looks 10 years younger since I started de shaving 4 months ago.
I made an appointment for her with an optometrist.
She says I smell better too. She's probably right. As usual.

For the past 7 or 8 years I have had a beard due to not wanting to pay the money for cartridges because of the cost/irritation that came along with it. My wife has been harping on me lately because I looked like a hobo. I told her I didn't want to shave so we compromised and I no longer have a beard. Started out with a Parker 99R, a babybliss pro badger brush (got rid of it because was horrible) and a tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor's cream which I love the scent of. Started shaving about six weeks ago and shave about every other day if I have time. The other day I found an unused schick cart razor and gave it a whirl and made me remember why I stopped using them. Even with my poor beginner technique I get a way better shave out of my DE razors with less irritation. Anyway, I now have aftershave acquisition disorder and an empty wallet. Hopefully I can reign it in before I get yelled at.

Well done Sir.

Enjoy your journey :)

You are fortunate that your wife cares about you and wants you to look your best. Now return the favor and send her out to get some new clothes. :001_rolle

Top Bottom