What's new

Happy Towel Day Shave!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
To commemorate Towel Day 2022, I have gone way back in time to the B&M 42 Glissant base. I have a couple of tubs of this soap in Excelsior. And I have a 42 in Omnibus on the way as well. As far as I could tell, Will chose to release this amazing soap the day before Towel Day. Which gave us zero chance to receive it in time for this most glorious of holidays. At least that is when I saw the email announcing the new version of 42. Anyways, if you enjoy your Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, and an occasional whiff of Ambergris and Petunias, than 42 is for you.

Razor of choice is the Wolfman WR1 .80 OC. It is Wednesday after all! Accompaniments include a Vintage Schick Super Stainless (2), and the wonderful 42 Splash. And what better brush for this occasion than the veritable StarCraft!

A great shave as always. The Glissant base still holds up incredibly well!

I dont really wear a Towel on this day, attend Towel Day events, or memorize all of the books. But I do really enjoy the ritual of a yearly "42" shave on this momentous day. If you celebrate Towel Day as I do, feel free to post your Towel Day shaves here.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

2022-05-25 08.49.58-1.jpg

I too used 42 in Glissant, I haven't felt the need to buy newer base versions of the same scents, TBH it gets used more than one day a year, such a great scent

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I too used 42 in Glissant, I haven't felt the need to buy newer base versions of the same scents, TBH it gets used more than one day a year, such a great scent
yeah man, I use 42 all the time. It is my #1 soap. Has been for years. I already have a few Omnibus soaps, and 42 Omnibus on the way. So i dont see 42 getting bumped from the top spot any time soon.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
To commemorate Towel Day 2022, I have gone way back in time to the B&M 42 Glissant base. I have a couple of tubs of this soap in Excelsior. And I have a 42 in Omnibus on the way as well. As far as I could tell, Will chose to release this amazing soap the day before Towel Day. Which gave us zero chance to receive it in time for this most glorious of holidays. At least that is when I saw the email announcing the new version of 42. Anyways, if you enjoy your Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, and an occasional whiff of Ambergris and Petunias, than 42 is for you.

Razor of choice is the Wolfman WR1 .80 OC. It is Wednesday after all! Accompaniments include a Vintage Schick Super Stainless (2), and the wonderful 42 Splash. And what better brush for this occasion than the veritable StarCraft!

A great shave as always. The Glissant base still holds up incredibly well!

I dont really wear a Towel on this day, attend Towel Day events, or memorize all of the books. But I do really enjoy the ritual of a yearly "42" shave on this momentous day. If you celebrate Towel Day as I do, feel free to post your Towel Day shaves here.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

View attachment 1461655

I never heard of Towel day, must be another country's holiday. Isn't 42 the magic number of connection of life, or something like that? IDK, science would tell you life revolves around fractals lol! Anyways, nice match of shave soap to aftershave. Nice looking polished Wolfman razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I never heard of Towel day, must be another country's holiday. Isn't 42 the magic number of connection of life, or something like that? IDK, science would tell you life revolves around fractals lol! Anyways, nice match of shave soap to aftershave. Nice looking polished Wolfman razor.
Thank you. Towel Day is an international commemoration of the author of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Tomorrow is Towel Day 2023!!! Yay!

Got one in early!

42 Omnibus. Plus an OG splash from many years ago. Wolfman razor. Personna 74 blade, which is approaching double of 42! Paladin brush. And of course, a towel!

393D1889-1CAA-4D88-85F1-AF2A142036F2.jpeg

I did my Towel Day shave I little early but it was still the 25th somewhere. Anyway, I just became aware of this cool thread so I'm going to post my shave of the day even though it's now late. Whatever, right?

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (d9)

Lather: Barrister & Mann 42
Brush: AKA Brushworx Abalone 26mm AK4
Bowl: AKA Brushworx Abalone (3-Pass)

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42

Seeing as it's May 25th (somewhere here on spaceship Earth, let's say Australia) and that I only shave every other day, I'm calling this my Towel Day shave. This is in honor of Douglas Adams and his authorship of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So, in terms of software, this choice was an easy one. I mean, there is no better choice. Am I right? Oh, who cares what you think? "I'd far rather be happy than right any day."

"Don't Panic." Just because I don't own any cool Lancaster Razor Works towels or any equivalent of the like doesn't mean I can't pay my respects to a creative and fascinating man. So, I present to you 42 from Barrister & Mann.

The lather was as beautiful as ever. It was dense, creamy, slick, and smelled fantastic! Simply put, 42 really is a lovely fragrance, one worthy of the dapper hitchhiker I am. I only wish I had the EdT to go along with the shaving gear because I'd love to proudly project and show off this amazing intergalactic fragrance to others.

Hardware wise I used what I thought was my most Sci-Fi looking razor in the Tatara Masamune Ti. This razor, let me tell you, shaves so smoothly it's remarkable. It's guaranteed to give you an efficient, low-to-no-irritation shave. Depending on how you use it of course. I do have to say though, that I really do enjoy using this razor.

I did three passes and some against-the-grain buffing to earn a nice bbs face. Even with my blade being on its ninth use, this razor and soap combo shined and all I can say is that I had a wonderful time. Then again, "time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

And with that, my fellow hitchhikers we've reached the end of my Towel Day shave. Thank you for coming along for the ride.

Just know that "the answer to the great question... of Life, the Universe and Everything... is... forty two."

Top Bottom